Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
The CBS Global Distribution Group Financial Reporting (CGDG) is seeking a highly motivated Financial Reporting Analyst! We seek a self-starter and standout colleague. You are detailed, organized, capable of working well within a fast-paced deadline driven environment and possess the accounting and analytical ability to review financial information related to the Entertainment industry.
This position will partner closely with CBS Corporate, CBS Tax, and CGDG management operating in the US, Canada, The Netherlands, and Australia.! They will be part of a leading, global mass media company which is rapidly expanding!
Overview and Responsibilities
- Preparation of month-end closing journals and supporting Income Statement schedules
- Preparing Intercompany and Intradivision journals and performing confirmation and reconciliation.
- Fulfillment of monthly, quarterly, and year-end CBS Corporate and SEC reporting requirements
- Analyzing DABL P&L and seasonal costs
- Analysis and assessment of residual balances
- Assisting with quarterly internal / external audit requests
- Assist with monthly flash reporting and analysis
- Performing accounting and financial reporting system implementation and enhancement testing and continuously looking to identify operational improvements
- Providing CBS Tax department support and analysis
- Other special / ad-hoc projects on request
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- 1-2+ years of comprehensive accounting experience
- Experience with Oracle general ledger accounting software and Cognos is preferred
- Strong technical accounting skills with knowledge of GAAP is a plus
- Experience within Entertainment Industry Finance is preferred
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic that takes ownership of assigned areas and can perform a variety of time sensitive tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Works well in a team-oriented environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) and able to learn other software applications
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.