In the role of Financial Analyst supporting our Marketing and Partner Brands, you will work closely with the Molson Coors Brand Commercial Team to include VP’s Brand Directors and Managers in all-encompassing brand financial analysis. This role helps enable the Marketing team to effectively and wisely invest in our brands to drive top line and bottom line growth. You will support the financial feasibility analysis for all brand specific projects and promotional packages. Financial analysis can include, but not limited to, spend variance analysis, business cases evaluating ROI, after the fact evaluations, and sku profitability assessments. This position is in Chicago and reports directly to the Director – Finance Marketing.
- Participate in the elaboration and analysis of the annual budget (AOP) lead the build, jointly with brand personnel, to generate an annual brand budget ensuring the proper categorization, accounting designation and phase of spend for both our Brand Marketing and promotional marketing budgets
- Generate a monthly LE: Latest estimate of brand spend estimating where current month and quarter financial performance is expected to be requiring constant communication with brand personnel to fine tune monthly estimated expenses and key program commitments to arrive at a monthly LE
- Deliver actionable brands insights that help our Marketing partners build and execute the best brands plans to win in the market and achieve our top and bottom-line targets.
- Produce accurate, complete, and timely financial analysis and reporting of the actual marketing spend and analyze and explain variances vs the AOP, LE and Prior Year results
- Oversee and track the financial spend vs budget for all Brand Promotional pack investment.
- Produce Business feasibility analysis for all key promotional pack projects. And perform after the fact financial analysis to ascertain if ROI was achieved or not
- Review and interpret commercial metrics such as share, velocity, distribution and provide concise synopsis of brands performance at national and regional level.
- Work cross functionally with other teams ie: ISC, Materials planning, FP&A, Analytics, Commercial COE and others to execute on common ground to deliver integrated goals ie: START projects, Promotional package management, etc
- Design most optimal procedural solutions to deliver on key imperatives ie; AOP, BUBS [Bottoms up build] MBR [Monthly Brand performance reviews]. Implement sustainable delivery leveraging automation while simplifying front end process for marketing customers
- Bachelor’s Degree with an Accounting Designation and/or two plus years of experience. Working in the beverage or consumer industry is preferred.
- CPA, preferred but not required
- P&L: Profit and Loss working knowledge
- SAP experience is an asset
- Solid excel skills
- Hana Analysis is desired but not required
- Strong analytical skills, attention to details, and critical thinking capabilities, and you can effectively work in a team environment and also work independently
- High thirst for learning and inquisitive passion to learn, grow and make a difference to your customers
- Able to work in a fast pace and very dynamic environment
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- Flexible work programs that support work life balance including a hybrid work model of 3 days in the office
- We care about our communities, and play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks, giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are
- Engagement with a variety of Employee Resource Groups, which can provide volunteer opportunities, leadership experience, and networking through the organization
- Ability to grow and develop your career centered around our First Choice Learning opportunities
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental, vision, 401k option with incredible employer match, generous paid time off plans, an engaging Wellness Program, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with amazing resources
- On site Pub, access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events and, of course… free beer and beverages!
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
Job Posting Salary Range:
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.