As an active team member of the St. Anthony, IN Sheet Plant, the Financial Analyst will function as the assistant controller for the plant. They will be responsible for assisting the Complex Controller on internal controls, moth-end closing and reporting, budgets/forecasts, monthly outlooks, capital projects, analyzing performance and recommend action needed to maximize the financial return of the site. This position will report to the Complex Controller, with dotted-line reporting to the Plant General Manager.
- Work under the direction of the Complex Controller in the preparation for and analysis of operating results, operating trends, customer profitability, capital projects, incentive plan calculations, budgeting & forecasting, special projects, and initiatives in order to assist plant management in achieving operations and management objectives.
- Work with Complex Controller in development and refinement of processes to improve accounting efficiencies and process documentation.
- Actively assist Complex Controller in maintaining and enhancing internal controls including SOX requirements, accounting policy, and procedures.
- Assist with customer set up, maintaining sales data, and managing accounts receivables, accounts payable, etc.
- Manage and monitor freight spending
- Generate daily/weekly/monthly reports
- Assist with month/quarterly/yearend closings
- Weekly payroll processing
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA in accounting, finance, business, or related field required;
- Accounting and/or finance work experience required.
- Work experience in a manufacturing facility desirable
- Demonstrated knowledge of general business management principles, internal financial management, and industry business practices.
- Strong knowledge and application of financial concepts, standard costing concepts, forecasting, budgeting, and performance reporting against forecasts and budgets, internal controls, purchasing, and other accounting functions. Understanding of GAAP and FASB
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of functional areas (sales, marketing, manufacturing, customer service, logistics, etc.) within the organization.
- High level of managerial courage and informing skills.
- Deliver solutions on a quick-time basis; make decisions quickly with good follow through skills.
- Expert level knowledge of Excel required. SAP & HRMS knowledge a plus.
- Ability to adapt and learn new software required.
- Remain flexible and adapt to the situation and provide either leadership or follow instructions and work independently.
- Ability to handle pressure and stress.
- Willingness and ability to work extended or irregular hours, occasional holidays, and travel as required.
- Ability to handle details accurately and in a timely manner.
- Excellent time management/priority setting, organizational, presentation, and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high energy office cubicle setting
- Self-starter who can learn on the fly
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.