Major League Baseball is looking for an intelligent, hardworking professional to join our Financial Planning & Analysis team in our New York, NY office. The selected candidate will report to the Sr. Director, Finance and will assist in preparing annual budgets, updating monthly forecasts, and performing various financial analyses, all with a focus on central baseball’s employee-related costs. Candidates must be self-starters that possess a strong attention to detail, exceptional analytical skills, and the ability to think outside the box.
The primary function of this role will be the detailed analysis of the seasonal/project-based labor and consulting expense portions of the league-wide budget within the FP&A team, from budget inception to final forecast and actualization, including working directly with business owners to understand, analyze, and make recommendations.
- Utilize on-going data compilation across multiple systems and datasets to create holistic analysis for business partners; assist in determining operational and financial goals, compile and analyze results, assess performance, and assist in decision-making
- Create dynamic staffing models with every department head during the budget process to properly understand intricacies of staffing roles and needs at a detailed level
- Direct liaison throughout the year with department managers to ensure spend is within budget, updating forecast projections as needed
- Ensure department heads are following league-wide staffing standards; provide guidance on alternate staffing plans as business needs arise
- Compile and format data from reporting tools including Oracle Fusion, ADP payroll, Workday (HCM), and others; reconciling FP&A models to general ledger balances monthly
- Track and analyze general ledger activity, working regularly with Accounting to ensure costs associated with various businesses are synchronized with correct accounts/entities/initiatives/etc. in Financial models
- Assist in creation of reporting dashboards for each business vertical in coordination with internal Strategy and Development teams initiatives and long-term investments.
- Perform ad hoc analysis as needed
- 1-4 years’ experience in FP&A, financial modeling, operations management, etc.
- General accounting knowledge required
- Highly proficient with MS Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Analytical thinker and problem solver
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Self-starter with a strong attention to detail
- Location: NYC office