GoogleMountain View, CA10 days ago
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of experience in financial planning and analysis, finance, semiconductor, management consulting, or similar environment
- Experience working with semiconductor supply chains, strategic sourcing, and consumer hardware.
- Understanding of IP licensing and royalty models and experience in hardware and software IP partner ecosystem
- Excellent business partnering skills and ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment driving complex operational initiatives
- Excellent ability to take charge, set objectives, lead by influence, and drive to results; organized, detail-oriented, strategically focused
- Good business judgment, excellent conviction, confidence to communicate effectively with business partners and ability to resolve conflicts diplomatically
Financial Analysts ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. Working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to take on big picture challenges.
As someone who knows the workings of the core Finance team inside and out, you'll lead individual projects to transform planning, tracking and control processes. You'll provide senior level management with insightful recommendations, planning and reporting support.
In this role, you will assist in providing finance support to the Consumer Hardware product area. This area includes Pixel, Nest, Chromecast, Google Home, and Fitbit. Your responsibilities will include designing/building critical financial infrastructure to support the business and working closely with the Supply Chain team to track performance and ensure optimal cost structures as well as overall sound decision making.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Partner cross-functionally to build transparency into, evaluate, and make recommendations on complex strategic alliances and technology transactions
- Drive hardware cost management including long-term projections, cost trade-offs, and margin structure optimization; drive actionable analyses, recommendations for cost reduction opportunities, investment prioritization, and efficiency improvements
- Support Supply Chain teams in agreement making and 3rd-party partner management
- Support monthly, quarterly, and annual financial processes, including annual planning, compliance, and management reporting and drive visibility into business performance
- Partner closely with other Finance teams including Accounting and Financial Operations to ensure Google’s accounting, compliance, and other financial requirements are supported