Manage sales finance on content and services and digital advertising partners and establish best practice to ensure order delivery confirmation, reconciliation, invoicing, and account receivables. Conduct various financial analysis and ad-hoc reports. Assist month-end closing, finance policy and process set up impacting P&L. Forecast, review, coordinate, monitor, and assist in the preparation of sales and department financial reporting and analysis.
Role and Responsibilities
Common Essentials/Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage content and services and digital advertising sales order delivery confirmation, reconciliation, invoicing and account receivables
- Provide monthly performance report and AR analysis reports
- Manage content and services and digital ads sales and financial process and procedures in company portal
- Manage new customer onboarding process from code creation to credit limit approval
- Monitor customer credit line expiration and manage the credit line in system
- Assist digital products process improvement project and automation initiatives with cross-functional teams
- Assist marketing fund management and provide marketing management training as needed
- Manage division budget and provide and communicate monthly analysis reports with departments
- Perform other finance or administrative support projects and tasks
- Perform fiscal and variance analysis on a variety of issues in support of and to facilitate budgetary decision making.
- Perform various month-end service product and sales reconciliation
- Analyze operating results of each department through the year, compare to monthly forecast and yearly plan and interpret data and presents results to management.
- Provide ad-hoc financial management reports
- Assist finance flow set up of new business and prepare for management reports
- Prepare for PBC list of internal or external audit
- Assist annual sales and budget planning
- Partners with Business Unit to provide input and guidance on business issues and updates, to provide strategic and operational decisions from HQ, and provide training as needed
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in business, finance or related field with 5+ years of experience. MBA a plus
- Prior experience in accounting reporting, financial modeling, budgeting, FP&A and/or audits preferred.
- Previous experience in the tech industry, content & services or digital ads business a plus
- Experience planning and managing strategic and operational projects is desired
- Advanced skills in MS excel and PowerPoint
Necessary Skills and Attributes
- Ability to identify and interpret trends in data and communicate findings
- Strong analytical skills and ability to focus on details
- Strong communication skills, written, verbal and presentation
- Strong skill set in drawing data-supported conclusions and building action plans to remedy negative impacts and growth opportunities
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Ability to independently or as a team member achieve personal and team goals and complete assignments within established time frames and specifications.
- The ability to perform tasks and work assignments based upon company policies where work results are sometimes monitored. Some analysis is required to make decisions and to determine appropriate courses of action where situations differ and require creativity to search for solutions from among learned experiences.
- The ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all appropriate levels within and outside the company.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple assignments and projects. The ability to work either independently or in a team environment to achieve personal and team project goals, including the completion of assignments within established time frames.
- Bilingual preferred - English and Korean (fluent)
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between 80% - 95% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable (90%+) work utilizing high visual acuity/detail, numeric/character distinction, and moderate hand/finger dexterity. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenge, some language barriers, and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC’s, printers, copiers, faxes, and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
Samsung Electronics America requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption, or an exemption required under state/local law, is approved. Offers of employment are contingent upon proof that a candidate is fully vaccinated or qualifies for an exemption. More details on how to apply for an exemption are provided after the application process is complete.
Reasonable Accommodations for Qualified Individuals with Disabilities During the Application Process
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or SEA_Accommodations_Ext@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.