This position is responsible for the Accounting Department, financial reporting preparation, maintaining multiple general ledgers, and general review of the foreign and U.S. domestic entities.
- Manage the Month-End, Quarter-End and Year-End close process.
- Supervise the Accounting staff.
- Involved in Human Resource matters including hiring, promotion, disciplinary action and termination of personnel in coordination with corporate management and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Work with management to ensure the department fulfills the company’s financial goals.
- Identify best practices within the department to improve and streamline processes and meet deadlines.
- Prepare, review, and post journal entries into the accounting system.
- Review foreign entity ledgers.
- Maintain Fixed Asset sub ledger for depreciation and tax purposes for all applicable entities.
- Review and prepare flux analyses, lead, and roll-forward schedules for assigned entities as they pertain to the quarter-end reviews and year-end audits.
- Maintain general ledger in accordance with GAAP guidelines.
- Review and prepare financial statements and review intercompany balances, where applicable.
- Maintain contact and positive interaction with accountants and admins at the foreign and domestic plants.
- Maintain SOX controls and support audits by providing information and answers to auditors.
- Review and prepare monthly management reports and subsidiary ledgers (i.e. AP, AR, Cash modules).
- Maintain the Sharepoint and Intacct with troubleshooting, report writing and training.
- Interact with the tax department to provide data and ensure tax compliance.
- Responsible for all sales tax reporting and compliance.
- Stay current on professional standards and training to ensure US GAAP and other required compliance.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting with a minimum of 5 years related experience.
- The ability to prioritize and plan department work activities.
- Must demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness to ensure quality performance.
- The ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Must possess advanced analytical skills and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess the capability to manage large volumes of data through general ledger and financial statement preparation in a multiple company environment.
- Must be able to communicate with other employees and read and write at a level that will enable to perform the work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Must be able to use and acquire knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and use of the Internet.
- The ability to work at a computer and computer monitor and use repetitive motion for long periods of time.
- The ability to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
- This position requires sitting 80% of the time and standing and walking 20% of the time.