From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection.
We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
The Starbucks Global Planning & Sourcing Finance team is seeking a Finance Manager to lead our finance support for the Indirect Sourcing, Integrated Store Experience and Solutions & Enablement organizations. This position will also lead our core financial planning & analysis activities for the organization’s savings & total value delivery pipeline and budgets. Our team’s mission is to deliver critical finance support as a trusted advisor to our business partners in Global Planning & Sourcing and help advance the organization’s vision of Enabling Excellence Every Day! To accomplish this, the ideal candidate will have experience in leading highly effective teams, developing talent, driving elevated insights & analytics, and providing strategic oversight & direction.
The Finance Manager, Global Supply Chain Finance partner contributes to Starbucks success by managing the development of strategic plans, annual budgets and quarterly forecasting. Leads a team of 3 direct reports in conducting complex analyses of key performance measures to influence decision-making, cost improvement activities, and providing insights and analytics. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
As a finance manager, Global Supply Chain Finance partner, you will…
Lead - Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
- Incorporating key priorities for both the business unit or function represented and the total Company.
- Works collaboratively with and often leads cross-functional teams to coordinate and provide guidance on strategic plans, annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and accounting policies.
- Ensures effective communication and timely resolution of conflicts.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Supports the implementation of company programs to ensure the success of the Company.
- Pushes the organization forward and leads changes and improvements.
Plan and Execute - Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
- Drives a function’s long-range financial and business plan.
- Oversees and influences comprehensive analysis required to support investment decision for business programs and products including measurement against key financial metrics and targets.
- Plans and manages business unit and department processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
- Prepares, communicates and educates client groups and team on changes in policies and practices within the organization.
Business Requirements - Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Provides overall vision in creating and implementing processes/ tools used in financial controls and financial plans.
- Supports leadership by leading development of accurate and timely strategic plans, annual operating plans, and quarterly forecasting efforts for a business unit or global function.
- Leads review sessions with senior business leadership and senior finance leadership.
- Leads team in generating strategic and tactical recommendations in support of business objectives and presents them to influence senior management decision-making.
- Supports director or senior leader in leading the development of strategic plans, annual operating plans and quarterly forecasts for a consolidated business unit or the consolidated Company.
- Manages the team’s day-to-day activities in drafting, analyzing and completing plans or forecasts that align with business or departmental strategies and priorities and in accordance with accounting policies.
- Works with cross-functional teams to improve processes, set targets, develop plans, conduct complex analyses, and measure results. Consults with senior management to identify process gaps, present data and propose solutions.
- Ensures systems are consistent and integrated with the business practices they support. Identifies key issues and weaknesses, provides solutions for improvement, and manages the implementation of system enhancements.
- Leads the creation of complex models, conducts research, and analyzes actual business unit performance against targets in the operating plans, strategic plans, forecasts. Quantifies opportunities and risks, and recommends alternatives.
- Participate in and lead cost and price discussions with external or internal parties.
Partner Development & Team Building - Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
- Challenges and inspires partners to achieve business results.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews. - Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Oversees training and development of partners directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
We’d love to hear from people with:
- Progressive experience in financial analysis, modeling, budgeting and business planning 7 years
- Applicable industry experience 3 years
- Contributing to and leading cross-functional teams 3 years
- Making recommendations to and influencing decision makers 3 years
- Working knowledge of process and product cost accounting 2 years
- 3 - 5 years Prior management or supervision experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to effectively present information to senior leaders
- Ability to influence without authority vertically and horizontality throughout the organization and with cross- functional teams.
- Ability to lead others
- Advanced Excel, statistical analysis and financial modeling skills
- Business analysis skills, with the ability to see implications and provide consultative solutions and recommendations
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage projects
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Ability to quickly identify the information needed to evaluate new business situations and to collect and organize appropriate quantitative and qualitative information
- Working knowledge of Essbase / Hyperion preferred
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to develop innovative solutions and process improvements based on technical accounting knowledge, analytical skills, and understanding of financial systems
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.