What You Can Look Forward To:
The Finance Manager (FM) serves as the strategic thought partner and financial lead to the USA and Canada RTD team responsible for the growth and development of a range of brands and partnerships including Jack & Coca-Cola, Jack Daniel’s Spirit Based Cocktails, Up or Over premixed cocktails, Part Time Rangers, Jack Daniel’s Country Cocktails, and el Jimador Cocktails. The FM is responsible for the financial stewardship and business analytics for RTD’s, including communication of business results and utilization of analytics to influence local decision making processes. This includes development of budgets, forecasts, long-term strategic plans, ongoing analysis of results, risks and opportunities, as well as supporting other ad hoc projects as requested. The successful candidate will possess the following skills and capabilities:
Successful Behaviors And Capabilities :
- Strategy & Direction: Provide the data and analysis to inform brand price positioning, market and brand competitive analysis, portfolio expansion, marketing effectiveness, and resource allocation.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: Equipped at supporting the RTD Leadership with thought partnership towards non-traditional sources of growth and able to quickly adapt to a very dynamic and competitive category.
- Financial Acumen: Using a range of performance metrics to model future brand performance that feed into the annual business plan on each brand. Work with corporate accounting, the global RTD team, USA&C Commercial teams, and Coke/Pabst to reconcile financials with business partners.
- Compelling Communication: Develops and maintains effective working relationships throughout the organization and with our partners. Seeks consensus on business decisions with business partners. The ability to clearly discuss business issues and translate into financial implications and action plans.
- Connect/Collaborate: Demonstrated ability to work on projects with cross-functional teams to meet consensus goals.
RTDs in the United States and Canada: The RTD portfolio represents an exciting and emerging business opportunity for Brown-Forman across the U.S. and Canada. Trends and recent partnerships are expected to amplify the short and long-term performance for RTDs. The successful candidate will:
- Work closely with the RTD General Manager, Operations Manager, and Commercial Clusters/Finance Teams in key areas such as pricing excellence, programming effectiveness, volumetric assessment, and economic & environmental assessment.
- Lead pricing strategy and collaborate with the regional clusters and finance teams to drive implementation.
- Lead commercial analytics from the RTD category and national perspective.
- Analyze and model the financial performance of RTDs; Analyze the components that drive brand profitability; identify opportunities for gross profit margin and ROI improvement. Proactively identify opportunities for business value improvement.
- Evaluate brand spend and make remedial resource allocation recommendations.
- Conduct competitive analysis across the RTD category to track brand health and competitive trends.
- Identify and Analyze market or portfolio expansion opps.
- Work with the corporate accounting team to ensure clarity and communication around Pabst partnership accounting and collaborates with Global RTD Finance Director on Jack & Coke reconciliation.
- Reconcile RTD P&L by working with internal production, external manufacturing, brand and commercial teams.
- Communicate changes in P&L expectations to internal and external partners.
- Interface with EMO and Production Finance on COGS and communicate changes in COGS to partners.
- Align internally and externally with our partners on forecasting production needs through depletion modeling.
What Exactly Are We Looking For ?
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, or other business related degree
- 7 or more years of CPG experience
- Demonstrated understanding of various software packages, particularly Microsoft Suite and Google Sheets/Slides/Docs, and SAP
- Working knowledge of consumer and commercial data resources including Nielsen, SAMII, Spectra, Numerator, IWSR, Adview, etc.
- Experience in business planning and understanding of revenue growth management
- Up to 15% travel required
What Sets You Apart:
- RTD, Beer, or Soft Drink experience
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.