At Chartwells Higher Education, people are at the core of our business. Together we build innovative food service concepts and serve fresh, local and nutritious meals at over 270 college campuses across the country. Twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nation’s Restaurant News, at Chartwells we take pride in creating opportunities for associates to grow their careers and achieve their development goals within the company.
As the Director of Finance, this position reports directly to the CFO of Chartwells Higher Education assisting with the management of above unit operating expenses. This exciting role partners with key leaders in the Chartwells business to develop, gain alignment and drive initiatives that improve quality of earnings in areas that include but not limited to: food costs, labor efficiencies. Assists Chartwells financial leadership team in the development of compelling financial models to win and retain business.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly Management Reporting, New Rebid and Lost Business Reporting, weekly Business Owners Reports, and AD Hoc requests as assigned
- Provides direction to operating units and to operating management on matters involving client returns and PBO goals
- Assists in compiling and analyzing budgets & forecasts, considering "what if" scenarios and bringing forth suggestions
- Develops and maintains timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Develops, implements, and ensures compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
- Reviews monthly results and implements monthly contingency plans and best practice sharing
- Implements policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation
- Establishes guidelines for budget and forecast preparation, and prepares the annual budget in consultation with
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University in Accounting or Finance; Five plus years of related experience, including reporting and analysis
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Chartwells Higher Ed are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)