Field VP, Government Solutions
McKesson requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
McKesson Corporation is a Fortune 8 company and is one of the largest providers of healthcare supply chain management solutions, retail pharmacy, medical & pharmaceutical supplies, healthcare technology, community oncology and specialty care in the United States with revenues of $231 billion in 2020. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE shared principles, McKesson's 80,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible around the globe – one product, one partner, one patient at a time.
Role will support Government Team in the segment of accounts on the U.S. West Coast. Responsible for growth, strategizing care and support to existing very large, complex, multi-service federal government customers in the McKesson Medical Surgical market that have a major strategic impact to the success of McKesson Medical Surgical Government Solutions team, while expanding sales to same customers.
- Gain/Maintain Prime Vendor Status with Government Departments.
- Collaboratively with Category Management and Marketing for product portfolio for the formulary agreement for formulary management to leverage preferred brands and McKesson Brand products
- Collaborate with Marketing on key initiatives for value propositions
- Align strategy and financial results for revenue generation, margin expansion and AR Mgmt to achieve financial plan performance.
- Align with Inside Sales Manager on key initiatives monthly to expand State Government penetration/growth
- Align with Bid teams process to utilize lead generation tool to recognize bid opportunities for McKesson including prime vendor, Government opportunities and open market
- Responsible for the master strategy to provide support to strategic federal customers and ensure strategy is executed from negotiation/contract signature to implementation and revenue recognition and AR payment. Execute contract business case and account plans, detailing support and contractual requirements and negotiations, opportunities, expansion strategies, required resources, decision makers and influencers, account receivable and insights into account.
- Drive the attainment of customer satisfaction indicators such as service level, Net Promoter Score (NPS), financial objectives (Revenue and Gross Profit growth), quality, reliability and alignment and attainment of customer goals.
- Builds relationships with key leaders and influencers to drive acceptance and use of MMS offerings
- Applies specialized knowledge to ensure customer satisfaction and retention and expands opportunities for sales growth
- In depth understanding of contract terms and conditions, compliance and quality assurance compliance and legal adherence of the contract.
- Work with Inside Sales team to expand contract revenue growth and margin expansion for penetration and market share gain.
- Coordinate with Government Sales Administration on contract compliance metrics and with Customer Service to ensure customer expectations are met per contract terms and conditions.
- Align with Accounts Receivable on payment reconciliation to ensure DSO contractual requirements are achieved.
- Responsible for monthly forecast and internal business review on key accounts performance and strategic financial/marketing plan.
- Coordinate strategies and alignment across all McKesson business units to drive value across the Enterprise and Corporation.
2. Existing Expansion
- Identify opportunities to grow sales and capitalize on opportunities within strategic customers
- Work across McKesson business units to identify areas of growth and penetration
- Gather data on marketing trends, competitive products, and pricing to capitalize on selling opportunities and align with Marketing on key opportunities to go to market
- Understand key customer trends, long term strategies and goals to align McKesson services and resources for future growth
Typically requires 7+ years of relevant experience. Experience in business development in the healthcare distribution market preferred.
- Business development experience in healthcare distribution market
- Experience working with Federal Government contracts; Must have multiple examples of providing sales support to large, complex government customers that integrate a variety solution that include detailed contract negotiation
- Influential leader with strong networking, consultative and negotiation skills
- Exceptional relationship building skills at all levels, both internally and externally
- High level of computer proficiency using MS Suite and SalesForce.com CRM management
- Ability to understand technology systems and customer connectivity platforms and articulate the value that they deliver to customers.
- Intersection Management - Ability to influence and gain support across the McKesson enterprise to execute long-term high-level strategies
- Ability to lead and execute strategic plans and galvanize resources
- Outstanding communication, presentation and listening skills
- Strong analytical skills and exceptional business acumen
- Deep healthcare distribution industry expertise
Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
Environment - Home office plus frequent travel
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
Up to 50% domestic travel
- Significant amount of time performing computer-based work is required
- Intermittent air and automobile travel required
- Walking and standing may be frequent
Must be authorized to work in the US. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
We take pride in our culture of connection and believe in a workplace where everyone can be their full, authentic self. We welcome and encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities and others with diverse perspectives to join our growing team. Your unique perspective and experience are valuable assets that can translate into a rewarding career path with us. Apply to join our team and help shape the future of healthcare!
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!