Field Operations Coordinator
At Shelf Engine, our mission is to reduce food waste through automation. We harness the power of AI to provide real-time, intelligent forecasting for food retailers and vendors across the United States. We’re able to drastically reduce the amount of food waste which in turn drives profit for retailers, lowers costs for consumers, and reduces the negative ecological and social impacts of waste.
Shelf Engine is searching for a talented Field Operations Coordinator to join our growing team. The Field Operations Coordinator will play a crucial role in collecting feedback, troubleshooting issues, and ensuring accurate ordering and forecasts. Acting as the primary point of contact for Customer Retail Execution teams, the Coordinator will provide exceptional service in a cost-effective manner, maximizing overall contribution. Our ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively interact with store personnel and corporate Retail Execution teams. Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities are also essential to troubleshoot issues and provide accurate feedback. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, reliable, and able to work independently while adhering to set schedules.
As a Field Operations Coordinator at Shelf Engine, you will:
- Become an expert on the technical aspects of Shelf Engine, and develop an ability to translate that to the customer
- Develop a trusted relationship with our customers both internal and external
- Collect crucial grocery and inventory data necessary for our business goals
- Assist in identifying business opportunities with existing customers
- Be responsible for providing store coverage for their designated area. This includes but is not limited to: phone calls, customer service, picture analysis, phone inventories and regular visits to stores in your region
- Travel is required! Flexibility and adaptability to changing situations is crucial
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with an ability to meet deadlines efficiently
- Note: The duties and responsibilities outlined above are subject to change as the needs of the business evolve. The Coordinator may be required to perform additional tasks as assigned by the supervisor or management
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- You embrace our company principles: make the first move, make better decisions, be furiously curious, commit and deliver, have empathy, invent solutions, be authentic
- 1-2 years of experience in a customer-facing support role (Brand Representative, Customer Support, Customer Service, Administrative Coordinator, or other similar role)
- Excellent organization and time management skills, with an affinity for process improvement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with, or willingness to learn, tools like Tableau to help translate data into insights
- Bias towards action, proactive attitude with a passion for customer satisfaction
- Passion for solving business challenges with technology and for being a part of a fast-growing startup
- Authorization to work in the U.S. for any employer
What Shelf Engine offers you:
- A unique opportunity to join a fast-growing sustainability startup early on, making a meaningful impact on the team as well as the environment
- An inclusive work environment that emphasizes each team member’s personal and professional growth
- Competitive salary in the range of $42,000 to $45,000 depending on skills and experience.
- Pre-IPO equity with a four-year vesting schedule
- PTO that is unlimited and self-managed for full-time employees
- 100% employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees, and 50% covered for eligible dependents
- Coverage for life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and access to a robust Employee Assistance Program
- Optional employee contribution of pre-tax dollars to medical and dependent care FSA accounts
- 401k plan through Guideline to contribute to your financial future
At Shelf Engine, you will join an inclusive team of driven, passionate, and caring people hungry for change in an untapped industry. Our founders are well versed in the food industry and have successfully built product and engineering teams. We’re not only solving complex technical problems at scale but tackling key initiatives with large environmental impacts. We're a tight-knit and passionate team that is determined to disrupt a massive industry and leave behind a positive legacy for generations to come.
Shelf Engine is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.