Field Marketing Manager
If you’re looking for a purpose and not just a job, join the Smoothie King team and turn your purpose into a fulfilling passion!
Since pioneering the first nutritional Smoothie franchise in 1973, our mission has always been to inspire people to live a healthy and active lifestyle. Now, with over 1300 stores and counting, we have been ranked as the #1 Fastest-Growing concept in its category and #13 on Entrepreneur Magazine’s “Franchise 500” list in 2022! We’ve grown to become the largest nutritional Smoothie bar in the nation, with a simple recipe for success: Hire the best people, use the best ingredients and blend with a purpose!
The Field Marketing Manager is responsible for being the primary day-to-day contact for Franchisees and is responsible for managing the development and execution of brand-building initiatives at the regional and local level to maximize system marketing efforts, enhance brand awareness, implement promotions that increase customer traffic and build sales.
This role will work closely with the Corporate Marketing Team to execute field marketing programs and will be directly responsible for ensuring business goals are met through successful implementation of new store opening programs, new product roll outs, and strategic Regional Marketing Fund plans.
Field Based Position: We are requesting that applicants live in Indianapolis, IN, Cincinnati, OH, Chicago, IL or Columbus, OH****
- Plan, execute, and manage regional and local marketing plans, within region. You will be directly responsible to maximize system marketing efforts, enhance brand awareness, and implement promotions that increase customer traffic and build sales.
- Manage Regional Marketing Fund budgets and effectively communicate media buys, post buys and ongoing management of media vendors.
- Manage and track Regional Marketing Fund accounts and budgets; forecast and compile reporting metrics for each specific program. Measure each project against goals and follow-through to completion both on time and within budget.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business and act as primary marketing contact with local Franchisees; ensure effective communication of corporate strategies to maintain compliance to brand standards.
- Execute on event strategy, tactical plans, and project manage from beginning to end including all logistics, onsite execution, and post event analysis.
- Analyze performance of marketing plans; develop strategies to measure and track effectiveness and implement strategies for underperforming campaigns and activities.
- Drive new store opening sales performance by creating plans to build awareness and drive traffic.
- Drive joint marketing programs with regional partners such as in-field program activations and coordination of regional opportunities to drive pipeline and increase engagement.
- Guide and ensure consistency of corporate and brand message throughout each program.
- The ability to communicate, influence, and drive franchisee performance within assigned DMA’s are key attributes for ideal candidate.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders and all levels of management.
- Attention to detail while working in fast-paced environment with multiple projects.
- Strong financial acumen with an ability to manage budgets and control costs.
- A dynamic, high-energy individual able to excel in a fast-paced environment and possess strong interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills.
- Interest in working in a fast-growing environment with changing responsibilities.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment, while possessing a can-do attitude.
- Promote the culture, values, and mission of Smoothie King.
- A Bachelor’s degree marketing/advertising or related degree is required.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in consumer marketing, advertising, retail, hospitality, or media field.
- Experience in developing and executing local and Regional Marketing Fund plans while also supporting national programs as needed.
- Experience with managing large budgets, multiple accounts/market, working with media and executing events and sponsorships.
- Regional Marketing Fund experience required.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite knowledge required, specifically Microsoft Excel.
- Willingness to travel (at least 70%) in and around the assigned area almost every day to visit stores.
- Personal passion for health and fitness is a plus.
What We Offer
Join our team and enjoy an unusually fun work environment with an upbeat atmosphere and great team members. It is our purpose to maintain an environment our team members can brag about, where our focus and belief are built on our core values: We Are Better Together, We Keep Evolving, We Live Our Mission, We Do the Right Thing, and We Focus and Finish. With our core values at the forefront of every decision we make, it allows for collaboration, passion, and a no-limits mindset when it comes to your future! We keep our team happy with our great benefits package, free smoothies, flexible work schedules, office lunches and parties, monthly fitness challenges, free gym access, and more fun activities to make Smoothie King a happy and healthy place to work.
Inspire people to live a healthy and active lifestyle.
To be an integral part of every health and fitness journey.
- We: Do the Right Thing
- We: Are Better Together
- We: Live the Mission
- We: Keep Evolving
- We: Focus and Finish
At Smoothie King, when we say inspire people, we mean everyone. We champion a diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the guests we serve. We blend the unique members of our organization, celebrating what is both common and different to grow better together and Rule the Day.
The foundation of our diversity efforts is closely tied to our core values, which includes “We Are Better Together” and “We Do the Right Thing”. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, or medical condition or disability. If you are a person with a disability and you need assistance in applying for a position with Smoothie King, please call our Human Resources Department at 214-935-8900 and direct assistance will be provided.