Altice USA is about connections. We connect our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
Altice USA is seeking an experienced attorney to join the government affairs team to work on the federal regulatory and legislative issues that impact the company's wireline and wireless communications services, data advertising businesses, content services, and general corporate business issues.
This position requires at least 4 years of experience on federal regulatory and legislative issues, including legal analysis of the policy proposals as well as interpretation of the impact on businesses of such policies being considered. Candidates must have proven legal analytical skills, excellent written and oral advocacy skills, and the organizational and multitasking skills necessary to manage multiple high profile regulatory/legislative issues. The position must be able to engage collaboratively across all levels of the organization to ensure understanding of the impact of proposed regulations on the business as well as to identify opportunities to improve a policy rules to support business objectives. Candidates must also be team players, as well as self-starters who can work independently and succeed in a highly dynamic and demanding environment
- Analyze federal regulatory and legislative policy proposals and develop amendments/modifications to advance the business interests in such regulatory and policy proposals, working closely with Government Affairs team members as well as other departments such as Legal and relevant business units.
- Coordinate with other industry colleagues to understand industry positions on relevant regulatory and legislative proposals, which is critical to providing strategic guidance to the Company on the potential for regulatory and legislative proposals to advance.
- Develop and execute strategic advocacy plans to advance and protect the company's interests in the federal regulatory and legislative arenas, including before the FCC, NTIA, FTC, Congress, and the Administration as necessary.
- Develop strong relationships with key business partners to ensure an understanding of the business plans for wireline/wireless network expansion, video/broadband/voice businesses, programming issues, digital advertising, cybersecurity issues, and other business areas.
- Develop strong relationships with key regulatory agencies and congressional personnel, as needed, as well as with other industry players, including NCTA, other cable companies, and influential third- party groups that are essential to understanding and successfully navigating the federal policy world.
- Ensure business awareness of the federal regulatory and legislative requirements to facilitate compliance.
- JD degree, admission to a state bar and minimum of 4 years' experience with regulatory and/or legislative policy issues in the communications industry either in government, a law firm and/or as in-house counsel.
- Excellent regulatory/legislative analytical and drafting skills and strong ability to efficiently explain policy issues in written communication.
- Strong ability to analyze complex business and legal issues (including relevant contract, IP and licensing issues) and problem solve.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work as part of a team and drive a large group process to conclusion.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and to perform well under pressure while performing multiple tasks.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Self starter interested in dynamic and growing company with non-traditional approach.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Requirements of this position include demonstration of either full vaccination status against COVID-19 or company-provided weekly COVID-19 testing.