Founded in 2018 and headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, Jushi is a vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis company that develops and operates high-end retail locations, premium brands, state-of-the-art cultivation, processing, manufacturing facilities, along with a cutting-edge online platform that is setting a new standard for a sophisticated, data-driven, modern cannabis experience.
Since its founding in 2018, Jushi has grown from just a handful of people with an idea to more than 900 employees strong. The Company has scaled its operations in seven states, including Pennsylvania, Virginia, Massachusetts, Illinois, California, Nevada, and Ohio, and has been named one of the top five cannabis companies to work for by Cannabis Business Times.
The Company operates more than two dozen retail locations across the country under the retail brand, BEYOND / HELLO™ as well as under the recently acquired brand, Nature’s Remedy. The Company provides an unparalleled in-store experience, coupled with online reservations and in-store express pickup.
Each day, Jushi team members continue to grow, cultivate, process and manufacture a comprehensive suite of cannabis brands under the names: The Bank, The Lab, Tasteology, Nira + Medicinals and Sèche, which are addressing a wide variety of consumer and patient needs across multiple states.
Want to make a meaningful difference in peoples’ lives while earning a competitive salary? At Jushi, we are shaping the future of the cannabis industry, the fastest growing jobs sector in the U.S. The Extraction technician will be responsible for performing extraction and refinement processes within the facility.
- Responsible for the grinding, decarb, and extraction of cannabis biomass via CO2/hydrocarbon extraction
- Responsible for performing refinement processes such as winterization, filtration, and distillation.
- Sets up, operates, and maintains extraction, refinement and other manufacturing equipment
- Familiarity with basic scientific principles and laboratory experience. Ability to follow written instruction and maintain a laboratory notebook
- Must follow all applicable policies, procedures, and guidelines. This includes the safe and proper operation of any/all relevant machinery, instrumentation, and equipment
- Ensure product meets all requirements for compliance, stability, safety, and desired interest by target audience
- Ensure Dietary Supplement GMPs are implemented and followed
- Ensure all equipment is maintained and cleaned as required
- Clean and maintain laboratory, glassware and all equipment utilized in the processing of cannabis and cannabis infused products
- Maintain batch records for all raw materials and in-process materials in all tracking systems
- Manage raw materials and coordinate material and resource allocation
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Manufacturing, Engineering, or similar field or at least 2 years’ experience in cannabis manufacturing preferred
- Experience with hydrocarbon extraction, CO2 extraction, and distillation techniques preferred
- Demonstrated ability to achieve manufacturing objectives in terms of volume, product mix, cost, and quality
- Extensive knowledge in environment, health and safety standards in manufacturing operations required
- Knowledge of extraction and chemical processing techniques preferred
- Previous commercial cannabis extraction experience preferred.
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Be able to lift and handle up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner
- Knowledge and experience related to producing medical marijuana products; extraction techniques; and routes of administration.
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively, orally and in writing with various audiences
- Knowledge and ability to use standard lab equipment; filling equipment, vacuum ovens, hot plates, extraction equipment, etc
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Word, and Excel with a strong attention to detail
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k)