CannaCraft is one of the largest and most recognized Cannabis companies in California. Our award-winning brand portfolio is the convergence of industry expertise, cutting-edge technology, and the belief that cannabis has the power to transform lives for the better. Our family of brands includes AbsoluteXtracts, Care By Design, & Farmer and the Felon. We are offering an exciting opportunity to join our team!
We are expanding our manufacturing operations and seeking to add an experienced, dedicated and passionate Extraction Technician to the team. The Extraction Tech will operate the extraction and post processing equipment on a daily basis, requiring strict adherence to all safety and compliance procedures, including GMP, state and local laws and safety standards. The Extraction Technician performs the daily operation and maintenance for a Supercritical CO2, Ethanol, and Butane cannabis extraction systems from the receipt and preparation of flower material through the extraction processes. They will be responsible for the safe day to day operation of the extraction process with a focus on following procedures, monitoring KPIs and continually improving the overall efficiency of the process. Salary is Based on experience.
What the Extraction Technician will be doing:
- Must follow all applicable policies, procedures and guidelines. This includes the safe and proper operation of any/all applicable machinery, instrumentation, and equipment
- Perform cannabis extraction and post extraction
- Promote a safe, consumer focused and collaborative working culture
- Daily operational and safety checks within the extraction room
- Prepare raw materials for extraction
- Operate CO2 extraction system for the production of cannabis extract
- Operate hydrocarbon and ethanol extraction
- Work as part of a team to meet production schedules.
- Record data in all necessary software platforms
- Good communication skills, verbal and written, with co-workers and management
- Practice good housekeeping habits throughout the facility with focus and personal contributions towards a clean and organized assigned work area at the end of the assigned shift
- Contribute toward a desirable workplace culture
- Capable of working with hazardous chemicals and able to identify/report unsafe equipment, conditions and practices so that they may be corrected prior to an incident
- Flexibility and the ability to shift work schedule according to production needs
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2+ years of experience with CO2 and/or Ethanol or Butane extraction
- High School Diploma or equivalent - BS Science Degree Preferred
- Previous safety experience and general knowledge of compliance
- Thorough understanding of proper and safe handling of hazardous materials
- Inventory tracking systems experience a plus
- Prior METRC experience a plus
- Prior leadership experience a plus
- Must be 21+ years old
- Background check required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach, bend, climb, stretch and lift up to 50 pounds. Requires the manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment and hand tools.
The role operates in a manufacturing environment, routinely using heavy equipment and compressed gas. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to odors or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment can be loud, and ear protection may be required. The temperature may be slightly lower than in other areas in the building.
Benefits: CannaCraft offers a competitive wage and comprehensive medical, dental, vision benefits + PTO and 401(K). Dog friendly work environment for friendly pooches!
We are a second chance friendly and equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
We look forward to hearing from you!