The Extraction Technician is responsible for carrying out the supercritical carbon dioxide extraction, decarboxylation, milling and/or shipping/receiving activities at Motif. This role will perform day-to-day duties in compliance with SOPs and Health Canada Regulations under the guidance of the Extraction Operations Supervisor. The Extraction Technician reports into our Extraction department which is managed by our Senior Manager of Extractions (P.Eng. designated).
Motif Labs is a licensed cannabis extraction facility located in SW Ontario. We operate as a business-to-business enterprise, offering toll processing and contract manufacturing services to Licensed Producers (LP’s) and 3rd party brands. Motif also has a portfolio of in-house brands; BOXHOT, DEBUNK, Boondocks, and Floresense, that are deeply connected to the diverse and evolving needs of today's consumer market.
As Motif continues to grow, we are seeking talented and driven individuals to join our team. Our company culture is centered around integrity, collaboration, and quality and these core values are at the heart of everything we do.
- Adhere to all SOPs for the operation, testing and maintenance of equipment
- Identify improvement opportunities and report issues in order to maximize efficiency, quality and yield while ensuring safety and reliability
- Keep accurate inventory control
- Perform sanitation activities as per GPP requirements
- Sample preparation for all required analytical testing
- Ensure 100% compliance with QA requirements during day-to-day activities
- Working at heights will be required, as necessary
- Handling pressurized gas cylinders; and
- Other duties as assigned
- Diploma or degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial technology
- 1-2 years demonstrated experience operating high pressure systems, especially botanical or supercritical carbon dioxide extraction processes
- Mechanical inclination is an asset
- Attention to detail and commitment to safety while operating process equipment
- Positive attitude with strong communication skills
- Strong time management skills including ability to multitask and prioritize
- Shows initiative and ownership of work and willingness to learn
- Basic computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Physically fit; standing and/or sitting will be required for long periods of time and must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Required to pass a criminal background check
- Must be able to work various shift schedules including weekends as required
- “Half Continental” rotating shift schedule (Days ONLY): 4 days one week, 3 days the following week
- Sunday through to Saturday (7-day operation). Hours are 7:30am – 8:00pm (12.5 hours)
- Breaks are: three 30 min breaks to be broken up based on team needs and discussed with Supervisor/Manager
NOTE: All candidates are required to pass a criminal background check and provide a copy for employment at Motif. We thank all interested candidates. Only those whom we have selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Aylmer, Ontario. Role is required to be on site.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
At Motif we are a diverse and inclusive workplace and dedicated to maintaining this culture, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or any of our other roles.