The Extraction Manager is responsible for overseeing the extraction and manufacturing of cannabis concentrates, as well as lead a team of Assistant Managers, Production Leads, and Specialists. Products can include distillate, shatter, budder, wax, rosin, diamonds, and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the operational management and business activities of the production department in their assigned facility.
- Motivate production team by providing encouragement, being a servant leader, and giving constructive feedback.
- Provide coaching, guidance, and development opportunities to Assistant Managers and Leads.
- Inspect and ensure all extraction equipment is in good operating order.
- Responsible for ensuring the team is practicing the proper extraction etiquette, company extraction standards, extraction inventory and meeting production numbers.
- Responsible for driving the extraction department to achieve and surpass goals and objectives, that will maximize output and minimize cost resulting in higher profitability.
- Direct and implement SOPs, methods, policies, objectives to advance their department, and ensure continuing operations to increase productivity and guarantee regulatory compliance.
- Verifying extraction batches to make sure they are correctly labeled by strain, not damaged, or contaminated prior to leaving the lab.
- Make certain all cannabis waste is properly destroyed under manager supervision.
- Assist the manager in driving the extraction department to achieve and surpass goals and objectives, that will maximize output and minimize cost resulting in higher profitability.
- Recommend extraction methods and/or improvements based on company needs and resource capabilities.
- Conduct inventory management of extraction volumes, yields, and record batch numbers.
- Ensure quality, safety, GMPs and ISO standards are followed.
- Make sure all barcoded inventory is accurately documented in our track and trace systems.
- Support forecasting by keeping the facility leadership abreast of daily, weekly, and monthly finished goods count.
- Guide and direct extraction staff to ensure productivity and product quality are appropriately maintained.
- Ensure that all QC/QA protocols are being followed and maintained.
- Follow and enforce all rules and regulations for production, health and safety, and additional requirements set by the State and municipality in which we operate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- Experience operating lab extraction equipment within a regulated extraction lab required.
- 3+ year experience working in a high-volume lab manufacturing facility or within a commercial cannabis kitchen.
- 2+ year previous management/supervisory experience in a regulated field that adheres to health and safety policies and procedures required.
- Understands and is comfortable operating within six sigma and continuous improvement processes.
- Strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, initiative, attention to detail, drive for change, getting organizational support, building ownership and commitment, making though decisions and developing others.
- High attention to detail and is goal driven.
- Consistently goes above and beyond to ensure business needs are met.
- Ability to positively motivate and support teammates.
- Must be 21 years of age or older, and able to successfully register with the state’s cannabis commission as an agent.
- Must be able to comply with all laws, regulations, and policies associated with the industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, or similar field preferred.
- 2 year(s) of management/supervisory experience preferred.
- Operations or performance improvement skill sets preferred.
- Previous experience in food production and manufacturing.
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 25 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in a warehouse environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees, our markets and our communities.