Experienced Premium Auditor
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
As an Experienced Premium Auditor you are responsible for performing virtual and occasional on-site reviews of commercial policyholder financial records including tax returns, general ledger and expense ledgers to determine final exposures and premium adjustments on auditable commercial lines policies with minimal assistance from manager/mentor. Results of the review will lead to validating the appropriate classification for each risk and identifying factors affecting insurability. Has thorough knowledge of specific state rules. Effectively utilize multiple regulatory manuals for developing accurate exposure and premiums.
Do you enjoy direct customer interaction? Would you be excited to meet directly with our valued Commercial clients? Are you self-motivated and goal oriented? Do you have a passion for building productive business relationships while delivering exceptional customer service? If you answered yes to these questions, we have an exciting career for you! Reporting to the Assistant Director of Enterprise Operations, this dynamic, fast paced role has direct interaction with our valued Hartford customers.
Note: This position can be filled at different levels from a Premium Auditor to an Experienced Premium Auditor based on the ideal candidate’s experience.
Location: Remote Southern OR Northern California area
Training/Work Hours: Flexible- 8:30am – 5:00 pm PST
- Performing primarily virtual reviews of policyholder’s payroll, accounting and financial records to determine final exposures on auditable commercial lines policies.
- Review of policyholder’s business operations to determine correct classification(s) and identifying factors affecting insurability.
- Maintaining positive customer relationships and provides technical expertise for internal and external customers.
- Discuss questions and concerns with the insureds to ensure the understanding of exposure changes and promote a professional customer experience.
- Ensure quality through correctly utilizing of manual rules and risk classification.
- Completing and transmitting audits in a timely manner.
- Consistently remaining current on premium audit related rules and information
- Effectively discuss and negotiate with government regulator officials, industry representatives, agents, producers, policy holders, brokers, insureds, and underwriters
- A minimum of 1 year Premium Audit experience required for a Premium Auditor
- Must have a strong working knowledge of commercial lines products and coverages, including, Workers Compensation, General Liability, Spectrum, Inland Marine and Automobile.
- B.S. / B.A. degree preferred with a strong preference for finance or accounting degree (some accounting courses would be a plus!)
- APA designation is a plus!
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically a strong command of Excel functionality
- Must be self-motivated and organized
- Must have strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively discuss and negotiate with government regulator officials, industry representative, agents, brokers, policyholders and internal business partners.
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective decision-making skills.
This position is 100% remote from home.
For 100% remote positions, we require that you have high speed broadband cable internet service with minimum upload/download speeds of 5Mbps/30Mbps and your Internet provider supplied device is to be hardwired to the Hartford issued router and/or computer. To confirm whether your Internet system has sufficient speeds, please visit http://www.speedtest.net from your personal computer.
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition.
The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$56,400 - $84,600
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age