The Executive Director – National Accounts, Aesthetics leads Allergan field based competitive defense efforts to ensure maintenance of market share and sales growth of Facial Aesthetics Product portfolio for FDA approved uses, including Facial Aesthetics and SkinMedica. Primary responsibilities include leading the coordination and alignment of approved business plans to meet corporate objectives in targeted National Accounts. The Executive Director – National Accounts must work with the team of Assoc. Director and Directors of National Accounts to develop national and region based account business plans, coordination with Facial and SKM internal and external sales management, training and marketing, and implement account development plans. Responsible for creating specialized training material for National Accounts team and execute initiatives through the involvement of all Sales Directors, Regional Managers and sales reps. This position will also be responsible for partnering with brand managers to develop customized marketing and promotion activities.
Responsible for the achievement of the Facial Aesthetics Product portfolio forecast dollar and unit sales objectives, and division success factors as established by management through alignment with U.S. Sales & Marketing Plans. This is accomplished through use of effective planning, execution, and approved practice consultation to targeted accounts. Consistently attains or exceeds assigned sales, profitability, and market share while managing within expense guidelines. Provides appropriate strategic direction to direct reports, evaluates progress and monitors the success of the marketing plan to ensure proper execution.
- Directs the daily operations of the National Accounts team including the execution of local business plans, the development and deployment of targeted resources and expansion of relationships between Allergan and emerging customers. Improves national and region sales performance or processes by identifying business needs and implementing plans to build or correct. Also participates in selected activities that help contribute to the improvement of Sales Operations, Marketing, Training or Communications results or processes.
- Provides direct supervision, coaching and guidance to National Accounts team. Indirectly mentors Region Managers in national account setting. Demonstrates leadership responsibilities in accordance with Allergan’s policies and state and federal laws. Leads collaboration among Allergan Medical Sales Teams. Exhibits leadership style consistent with operating in a constantly changing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required, MBA Preferred
- Minimum ten years of aesthetics experience
- Minimum five years of successful sales management or equivalent people leadership experience
- Experience with physician administered injectables required
- Knowledge and experience of legal and regulatory requirement related to the Pharma/Biotech industries
- Clinical and technical knowledge related to botulinum neurotoxins, fillers and topical aesthetics
- Market Planning/strategy development experience and the ability to execute key strategies
- Financial/budgetary experience
Essential Skills, Experience, and Competencies (includes Licenses, Credentials)
- Ability to effectively lead team to achieve consistent sales performance across the Nation.
- Ability to evaluate staff deployment as well as region and territory assignments
- Ability to monitor field activity to ensure balanced workloads; exercise control over resources, budgets and expenses; oversee business operations including accounts receivable, etc.
- Superior leadership qualities and business acumen
- Ability to effectively coach and develop others using strong analytical, decision making and results orientation skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to effectively work with diverse customers and employees
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate with many diverse customer audiences, therapeutic decision makers, and other influencers
- Excellent presentation skills to engage and meet the needs of various audiences
- Superior organization and project management skills
- Strong business planning skills
- Ability to travel, a minimum of 50%
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Level Code
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.