Executive Director - Data and Analytics
Jersey City, NJ
New York, NY
JP Morgan Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company.
The CCB Business Modeling Center of Excellence consists of an intellectually diverse team of economists, statisticians, engineers, and other analytics professionals, focused on applied AI and quantitative modeling within CCB at JPMorgan Chase & Co. The team answers complex and unique questions, utilizing cutting edge quantitative and computational techniques and leverage one of the world’s largest repositories of consumer data. We partner with teams across JPMC to assess and execute critical business decisions and engage in work in a variety of business domains that leverage knowledge in at least one of the following areas:
- Time-Series (e.g. Seasonal Decomposition, ARIMAX, Vector Autoregression
- Optimization (e.g. MIP, Non-linear, Black-Box)
- Classification (e.g. Probit/Logit, Logistic Regression)
- Tree-Based Frameworks (e.g. Random Forest, Gradient Boosting)
- Deep Learning (e.g. CNN, LSTM, Transformers)
- Artificial Intelligence (e.g. Reinforcement Learning, Natural Language Understanding)
As an Applied AI ML Executive Director in our CCB Business Modeling Center of Excellence Operations team some your responsibilities will be:
- Apply critical thinking skills and perform advanced analytics with the goal of solving complex and multi-faceted business problems.
- Generate deep insights through the analysis of data and understanding of business processes and turn them into actionable recommendations.
- Perform advanced quantitative and statistical analysis of large datasets to identify trends, patterns, and correlations that can be used to improve business performance.
- Know what type of algorithm to use and how to implement them.
- Build and deploy prototype solutions to demonstrate ideas and prove concepts.
- Develop presentations to summarize and communicate key messages to senior management sponsors and colleagues.
- Become a subject matter expert and trusted advisor in the modeling discipline.
- Collaborate with others in the organization to develop new ideas and brainstorm potential solutions.
- Actively contribute to the continuous learning mindset of the organization by bringing in new ideas and perspectives that stretch the thinking of the group
- Mentor junior team members
- Deep quantitative/programming background with a graduate degree (M.S., Ph.D.) in Computational Linguistics, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, or a comparable quantitative / engineering field of study
- Experience with Natural Language models and approaches including Topic Modeling, Text Classification, Entity Extraction, Neural Language models (CNN, BiDirectional LSTM, Bert)
- Deep understanding of text representation techniques (n-grams, bag of words, tf-idf, word embeddings, sense embeddings, distributed representations) and frameworks (glove, word2vec)
- 10+ years of related experience preferred
- Hands-on experience with Deep Learning
- Ability to write code and develop production-ready analytical applications
- Strong familiarity with implementing Natural Language Processing solutions (using tools such as PyTorch, Tensor, Keras)
- Significant experience working with very large scale (structured and unstructured) data
- Expertise in Python
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Our Consumer & Community Banking division serves our Chase customers through a range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. We’re proud to lead the U.S. in credit card sales and deposit growth and have the most-used digital solutions – all while ranking first in customer satisfaction.