Executive Director, Brand Partnerships
Dotdash Meredith is hiring a Executive Director of Brand Partnerships with a strong background and focus on food/bev categories within the advertising sales space. In this role, you would be responsible for using your category knowledge and expertise to forge new partnerships and grow existing business. In this role, you will serve as a seller and a coach as you manage a team of sellers.
This role is based in Chicago, Illinois and is expected to work a hybrid schedule of at least three days in-office per week.
About Your Contributions:
- Represent our Food and Bev lifestyle brands - Food & Wine, Serious Eats, Simply Recipes, The Spruce Eats, EatingWell, Allrecipes and Liquor.com, in the advertising marketplace with digital industry expertise, professionalism and a point of view
- Develop, grow and manage relationships with executive-level clients and decision makers; empower your team to meet the client’s needs by sharing important account information
- Stay educated and keyed into your clients’ business challenges and work to bring them top of the line advertising solutions to solve their business challenges; lead with intelligence about your client’s goals and objectives before the RFP
- Close sales on a variety of solutions to clients including custom content, editorial sponsorships, mobile executions, programmatic, and demonstrate a curiosity for new and evolving products
- Forecast, track and report revenue contribution and performance with our internal tools
- Champion the strategic mission of the sales team by raising ideas, questions and concerns as we work to continually elevate our work in the marketplace
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual revenue goals
- Manage a team of sellers including providing regular coaching and feedback, approving vacation, managing schedules, approving expenses, etc.
- Digital media 7+ years of sales experience,with a demonstrated track record of success in breaking accounts without no prior history of spending
- Relationships within Food and Bev and overall Lifestyle categories strongly preferred
- Working collaboratively with internal stakeholders is in your DNA
- You have a positive attitude, enthusiasm, high energy, and a passion for excellence
- Results-driven orientation, superior client management skills, excellent follow-up and follow-through
- Proficient understanding of client ad solutions such as custom content, editorial sponsorships, mobile executions, and programmatic
- Independent self-starter who comes equipped with strong contacts at key digital agencies and clients and can get up and running quickly
- High degree of integrity and business ethics
- Willing to travel as needed; less than 10% of time allocated to overnight travel
- College degree required
- Management or supervisory experience strongly preferred
It is the policy of Meredith Operations Corporation ("Dotdash Meredith", "the Company") to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Accommodation requests can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Company requires employees entering its workplaces, performing work offsite, or attending a company sponsored event to verify and provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
The Company participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: https://www.e-verify.gov/employees