Executive Creative Director
AbbVieNew York, NYa month ago
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com.
We are Allergan Data Labs, a team of 100+ digital and consumer marketing gurus, data scientists, and engineers, on a mission to help realize the potential of the aesthetics market through data and technology. We create world-class digital products to inspire our 150M target consumers globally to use our life-changing brands.
Allergan Data Labs is part of Allergan Aesthetics, an AbbVie Company, the fourth largest pharmaceutical company in the world. Our brands are iconic household names such as Botox Cosmetic, Juvéderm and CoolSculpting. Our team is bi-coastal and operates out of Irvine, CA and New York, NY.
Allergan Aesthetics is building an inhouse creative studio that will be digitally focused and support Allergan’s consumer brands, especially Botox Cosmetic and Juvederm. The studio will be responsible for setting the creative vision for our marquee brands and how they show up across channels. It will develop and produce digital assets including OLV, CRM emails, static/animated banners, landing pages and both paid and organic social. The studio will support multiple internal marketing clients as well as collaborate with external agencies as appropriate.
This role will report into the SVP Global Digital and Consumer Marketing and includes 3-4 direct reports including Creative Directors, Head of Operations and Head of Design and Production. We are looking for an innovative creative leader seeking an opportunity to build and run the studio, develop and manage brand identity systems and toolkits and lead agency management for external agencies.
The ideal candidate:
- You are a creative powerhouse and can easily toggle between the big picture and the nitty gritty and back.
- You thrive on change and challenge, and you have the ability to energize the team around you and inspire them to do their best work.
- You are highly strategic and have an equal appreciation and passion for the craft of making things. You’re as much of a creator as you're an inspiring leader.
- You build strong partnerships with other disciplines and teams and excel at collaboration, decision making, and creating a culture of diversity, teamwork and collaboration. Of equal importance is your influencing prowess with clients and partner agencies, while ever humble and adaptable.
- Ultimate accountability for the quality, strategy, integrity and effectiveness of all creative deliverables as well as operational budget.
- Botox Cosmetic and Juvederm, and expanding over time to include our body contouring portfolio in addition to other Allergan Aesthetics brands
- Sets creative standards, defines the creative culture, drives innovation and ensures creative quality control.
- Leads the creative studio and the external creative agencies, acting as a strategic marketing partner for the business and external agencies that support the brand scope that is not part of the studio (i.e. TV).
- Has final approval for all studio creative as well as input and approval for external agency creative. Provides input into briefs.
- Accountable for defining the visual and verbal (brand voice) identity of the brands and ensuring consistent creative execution of the brands across the studio, external agencies and other ADL organizations.
- Responsible for the production of brand books, brand assets and guidelines as well as asset management strategy.
- Leads agency selection, engagement and management for all external, creative agencies and ensures tight integration of the work they provide with the studio work developed.
- Hire, mentor and manage integrated teams of designers/art directors, copywriters, producers, content creators and push the creative envelope, continually raising the bar on the quality of the client’s creative while delivering successful business solutions for our clients.
- Monitor trends in the digital, marketing, design and advertising industries to stay current to position the brands as the leader in their industry.
- Improve accountability across creative teams through management and process improvement.
- Organize a creative team with appropriate structures, teams, experience levels, diversity of skills, etc.
- Plan, assign, schedule and direct work.
- Builds morale and creates a positive work environment and collaborative culture.
- Partner with account and project management leaders to identify creative objectives and strategies; provide input into creative briefs
- You have 15+ years’ experience working for a wide range of clients and brands, ideally agency-side as well as client-side.
- You inherently understand digital and think way beyond traditional ad formats and budgets
- You are experienced in leveraging data and research to help identify unique opportunities for the brand
- You have extensive experience building, managing and coaching teams to help them create their best work
- You jump in as needed, rolling up your sleeves, getting into the work and concepting, at the same time as guiding your teams to accomplish their best work
- You have a proven ability to collaborate across disciplines such as Marketing, Creative, Product and Brand Management
- You are an excellent communicator, and you’re able to present concepts and deliver constructive feedback to all members of the team
- You are self-motivated, hard-working, and work well in a fast-paced environment.
- You believe that the best ideas don’t rely on million-dollar production budgets and a 50-person team
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.