Please note that the position requires you to be at the Anaheim office 4 days a week.
Do you have the expertise to develop world-class presentations, written communications and engaging social media content? Do you have the poise and professionalism to work face-to-face with senior leaders at The Walt Disney Company's original family vacation destination?
As part of the Communications & Public Affairs team at Disneyland Resort, the Executive Communications Manager (with the support of their leaders) is responsible for all of that and more.
This role will be an essential part of the team that builds strategic content for executive engagement with internal and external audiences. The Executive Communications Manager will partner with stakeholders to develop unique storytelling beats that are consistent with The Walt Disney Company and Disneyland Resort’s key initiatives.
The Executive Communications Manager will:
- Develop and produce communications on behalf of the executive team, including (but not limited to) presentations, conference appearances, videos, speeches, social-media posts and other digital and short-form content.
- Come up with creative, out-of-the-box ideas to generate engagement, publicity and excitement.
- Work with conference and event organizers to prepare for executive appearances and create briefing materials.
- Attend events as appropriate, including some evenings and weekends, to provide on-site support.
- Help maintain a social media strategy for the president of the Disneyland Resort.
- Continually analyze and assess reception and metrics of executive engagement to help shape strategy.
- Act as a consultant, influencer and strategic thought partner to senior leadership and business partners to provide insight into audience needs and proactively shape communications.
- Proactively identify emerging issues and mitigate potential impacts in partnership with the broader Disneyland Resort Communications & Public Affairs team.
- Build internal and external relationships to help effectively deliver integrated communication strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, or related field
- 3-5 years of communications experience
- Excellent writing, storytelling and presentation skills with an understanding of how to effectively communicate to different audiences
- Experience managing projects and campaign initiatives with an understanding of overarching goals, objectives and relevant considerations
- Proficiency with Associated Press writing style
- Experience monitoring communications programs and using data to inform strategy
- Knowledge and experience with a variety of social media platforms/content creation
- Ability to maintain confidential information and interface with all levels of Cast, including senior executives
- Ability to execute on multiple projects with competing priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Comfort with flexing worktime to see projects through to completion
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Produce exceptional work with minimal supervision
- Ability to think creatively and inspire others to be creative
- Disney experience
- Passion for the Disney brand
- Professional speechwriting and presentation design experience
- Experience conducting media training and speaker training
- Sound understanding of stagecraft and audio-visual technology
- Experience with public speaking or performing, including acting, playing an instrument or dancing – someone who can coach others on delivering a great performance when presenting or appearing on camera or on stage
The hiring range for this position in Anaheim, CA is $112,100 to $150,200 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.