Executive Communications Manager
As we create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through chemistry, we invite you to join our team to harness the power of chemistry to shape markets, redefine industries and improve lives for billions of people around the world.
The Chemours global HQ located in Wilmington, Delaware has an Executive Communications Manager position available. This is a highly visible, key role within the company and the Corporate Communications function. This position will work directly with the company's CEO and report to the Sr. Director of Corporate Communications.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
The role requires a writer of the highest caliber to support the CEO of a dynamic $6B company in a challenging industry.
The Executive Communications Manager position is accountable for developing and executing the CEO’s personal communications plan intended to connect with employees around the world and increase external visibility within the industry, create and strengthen strategic relationships within the industry. Typical CEO support includes:
- Development of messaging
- Creating town hall presentations and remarks
- Supporting speaking engagements with speech writing and preparation
- Writing employee letters
- Writing articles that feature CEO news—(ie, highlighting a key event, initiative or engagement
- Developing copy as needed for across a range of executive communications including holiday cards, thank you notes, execute landing page, and more.
The Executive Communications Manager is also called upon to create content targeted at internal and external audiences including speeches, articles, leadership messaging, and employee communications.
The objective of the role is to bring writing excellence to the communications function and to showcase that excellence through materials that positively position Chemours executives with employees, customers, investors and other key audiences, and reflect the Chemours vision, values and corporate strategy.
- World class writing of a wide range of executive communications materials including speeches, articles, position papers, presentations, and letter.
- Translate key corporate messages into executive talking points that resonate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develops CEO speeches and presentations across various venues.
- Identifies opportunities to increase the visibility of the CEO with key constituencies to drive favorable view of the company and the company’s position on relevant issues.
- Manages executive events as needed; Ability to select, organize, coordinate and run, if necessary, mini road shows and other types of related meetings or conferences.
- Maintains executive profiles on the website, LinkedIn and other social channels, both internal and external.
- Fully conversant in company’s technology, strategy, competition and vision.
- Ability to create and put together slide presentations for executives for relevant conferences or meetings.
In order to be qualified for this role you must possess the following:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years in executive communications support, including CEOs and 5+ years of employee communications experience
- International and public company experience
- Excellent writing skills with ability to tell a compelling story and an unshakable grasp on, and ability to apply, the rules of grammar to all writing
- Be able to provide 3 writing samples
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- Master's degree or above, preferably in Journalism
- Knowledge of SharePoint
- Chemical industry or B2B familiarity
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
- Company-paid Volunteer Days
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch—in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves—at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are—Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship, Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a “Great Place to Work-Certified Company” for 2019-2020—our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
- Chemours is an equal opportunity employer
- Chemours is an E-Verify employer
- Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation
- Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position
At Chemours, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join Chemours and discover what it means when we say “We Are Living Chemistry”.