Executive Communications Leader
CignaRemote, US20 days ago
Cigna has an exciting opportunity for a strategic and motivated communications professional to join our Business Communications team. Specifically, this individual will develop and execute on the executive communications strategy for Cigna's U.S. Commercial President, and lead communications for the U.S. Commercial organization.
Areas of focus will be a comprehensive executive communications plan, leadership of U.S. Commercial communications, issues management and network negotiations, and large project communications. In addition, this individual will collaborate closely with Business Communications Officers / growth platform communications leads to advance the messaging and concepts within Cigna Corporation’s evolved enterprise strategy.
- Develop executive communications strategy, platform and execute plans for Cigna's U.S. Commercial President and the U.S. Commercial organization.
- Lead and develop a wide variety of executive communications such as speeches, presentations, conference materials, briefings, leadership messages, Town Hall meetings, organizational announcements, and intranet content, among others.
- Collaborate with U.S. Commercial senior leadership and the Media Relations team on communication efforts and plans (media opportunities, conferences, etc.).
- Build communications that address Cigna's global employee population in the development and implementation of communication strategies and tactics, when appropriate.
- Prepare, manage, and deliver large-scale communication and change management programs for U.S. Commercial projects.
- Ensure all communications and materials are consistent with the brand and culture.
- Monitor and evaluate results of communications programs, using specific metrics to track progress and insights for continuous improvement.
Ideal candidates will offer:
- 10-15+ years of communications experience, preferably in global corporations.
- Experience in the health insurance industry or with health plans – and particularly working with sales organizations – is a must.
- Strong executive speechwriting skills required.
- Clear experience and strength in market-facing communications for a publicly traded company.
- Comfort and competence in interacting with C-level executives.
- Media and PR experience preferred.
- Agility in working in a matrixed organization model.
- Experience in employee, executive, and large-scale program communications and change management.
- Deep understanding and appreciation of the rules and nuances of the English language; strong writing skills a must.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in communications or related discipline.
- Strong creative skills, including with visual communications.
- Record of success handling multiple projects and ability to tie results to strategic business objectives.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Influence and coordination skills to work with other internal areas and outside vendors to meet deadlines.
- Creative judgment and strong communication skills.
- Tact and discretion to work with employees at all levels.
Location: Bloomfield, CT; New York, NY; Philadelphia, PA or Work At Home (US-based) with willingness to travel