Executive Business Partner to the CEO
This is a remote position.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our teams use modern, agile methods to meet the needs of our users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Work on things that matter
Our teams connect Veterans with services designed for their needs, help millions of people access affordable health care, and support important programs like Head Start. As we work with agencies to deliver critical services, we’re also changing how the government thinks about and uses technology.
Built for a remote life
Ad Hoc is remote-first and remote-always. We’ve designed our culture, communications, and tools to support a nationwide team. Being remote allows Ad Hoc to bring the best people onto our teams and give them the freedom to create a work environment that fits their lives. Maybe you need to adjust your schedule to care for your family or take a bike ride. At Ad Hoc, that’s welcomed.
Committed to high expectations and a welcoming culture
Ad Hoc values acceptance, accountability, and humility. We aren’t heroes. We leave our egos at the door to learn from our mistakes and improve the process for the next time.. We build small, inclusive teams to bring the best of consumer technology to the problems of government.
The Executive Business Partner to the CEO manages details, calendars, and deadlines for the CEO, company leadership and initiatives. This role works on multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment and will benefit from being highly flexible and maintaining a comfort level with working in an often-ambiguous environment. The Executive Business Partner to the CEO is a self-starter and problem solver, skilled at planning, organizing, and critical thinking. This role reports to the CEO, is located in the Washington, DC area, and requires some weekly in-person work.
You will embody Ad Hoc values in your words and actions, while contributing positively to and cultivating our culture; leading by example and guiding others with kindness.
- Understand the business priorities and the CEO’s place within, while fiercely protecting and directing his time to be focused on what he is uniquely positioned to do
- Be confident and informed enough to have a lean-in disposition as it comes to directing and delegating work, making decisions, taking on projects and tasks, and giving suggestions
- Write and manage communication and meetings scheduled on behalf of the CEO
- Proactively find events and engagements for the CEO to participate in and/or speak at that will be a benefit to AdHOC and the CEO - coordinating logistics for pursuing these
- Anticipate needs and ensure the CEO stays ahead of the day's and week’s events
- Formulate clear and concise Executive Messages to include emails, memos, and other correspondence to internal and external audiences on complex topics
- Own your own work, and ask for help when needed. Communicate status and trade-offs productively. De-escalate to solve challenges
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and tenacity gathering information from across the organization; comfortable multi-tasking and proposing solutions and/or recommending alternatives, and delivering on needs with minimal direction
- Thoughtfully include stakeholders and team members in your work at multiple stages. Set up productive conversations by sharing context and asking specific questions with teammates
- Codify and maintain files and procedures in partnership with Human Resources, partner organizations and other companies
- Handle travel and personal arrangements as needed
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to clients and visitors
- Serve as liaison with operations to handle requests and queries from senior management
- Support the compilation of monthly reports across different parts of the business for the CEO
- Office manager support, including (but not limited to) scheduling catering for in-office work days and events, setting up conference rooms, sorting and scanning mail, and other in-office support as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports and prepare meeting-related documents
- Own and coordinate board meeting logistics
- Plan and coordinate Young Presidents Organization (YPO) meetings as needed
- Sit in on meetings with the CEO and manage all follow-up activities, ensuring nothing falls through the cracks
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Strong track record of excellent administrative and executive support functions
- Confidence to manage up to and refocus a CEO and his team to organizational priorities and individual responsibilities
- Uncompromising integrity with the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Proficiency with computer and software skills, including (but not limited to) Google Workspace
- Ability to complete financial and quantitative data analysis
- High focus with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to take action from raw details
- Evidence of being a proactive and resourceful self-solver
- Ability to self motivate and direct
- Ability to work, collaborate, and communicate across all levels of the company
- Ability to handle conflict graciously without shying away
- Ability to succinctly summarize detailed information
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A growth mindset that isn’t too humble or too proud - an accountable, lifelong learner who fails forward
- Experience working with government agencies
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Use what you need PTO policy
- Continuing Education/Annual Conference Attendance Stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
In support of the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, and others like it across the country, Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility. The range of starting pay for this role is $90,909 - $122,023 and information on benefits offered is here. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.