Executive Business Administrator
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
The Microsoft Federal organization was established to address the unique mission, legal/regulatory requirements, and procurement rules and processes of the United States Government (USG). Microsoft Federal is committed to ensuring its resources – including appropriately qualified, experienced, and certified personnel (with necessary security clearances or otherwise) are available as needed to meet USG evolving needs. To that end, Microsoft embraces, as a mission-critical philosophy, flexibility in the recruiting, hiring, and workforce assignment of Microsoft Federal personnel. Microsoft Federal personnel can expect to serve in various roles in the Microsoft Federal organization during the course of their career to meet evolving USG needs, regardless of segment – Civilian, Defense, or intelligence community.
We are looking for an exceptional Executive Business Administrator to join the Microsoft Federal Team who will support our CVP. The ideal candidate will have experience providing high efficiency, proactive support with the ability to adjust direction in response to shifting priorities. Must have strong attention to detail, the ability to self-direct, organizational and project management skills, demonstrated initiative, a strong work ethic and the ability to communicate effectively with others. Must also uphold the highest level of integrity, business professionalism and deal with highly sensitive data with absolute confidentiality. Candidate must be a strong team player who demonstrates drive and initiative and has a passion for enabling others’ success. This role will have daily contact with senior leadership, so strong business judgment and professional demeanor is a must.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing a complex calendar with attention to accuracy, timeliness and ensuring the schedule aligns with the Leader’s priorities and commitments. Must have ability to analyze and respond appropriately to emerging trends & priorities to ensure that the executive is engaged only in essential meetings and events.
- Manage & drive the Rhythm of Business forward. Planning and executing meetings, events, off sites, morale activities, and partnerships both inside Microsoft and external with partners. Work with key partners on the team in planning meetings and logistics. Take ownership & support of logistics for these events and ensure that budgets and activities around this area are managed as effectively as possible.
- Representing the executive professionally by effectively communicating with others, including those within the company; those in the external community. This includes coordinating internal and external speaking engagements.
- Planning and coordinating of domestic travel plans end-to-end including the proactive anticipation of logistics and itineraries.
- Maintain high integrity, confidentiality, and excellent customer service skills. Consistently demonstrate can-do attitude; eagerness and ability to work effectively under pressure with significant time constraints, and in ambiguous and complex situations.
- Align with the communications, meetings, rhythms, messaging, and standards across the EA community for Federal. Work closely with other Executive Administrators internally Federal organization in an influence model.
- Manage and maintain team aliases, to support efficient and appropriate internal communication. Manage and own mailbox and system accounts as well as DL’s.
- Manage department headcount information including maintaining and publishing organizational chart and contact lists, and processing personnel status changes and employee requisitions leveraging relevant headcount management tools, such as Employee Central and iCims.
- Providing team support for hiring and onboarding, generating purchase orders and special projects as requested
- Active partnership of Award program management with Chief of Staff.
- Prepare and approve expense reports with a strong understanding of and adherence to compliance
- Support and provide guidance to team regarding corporate policies, space planning, and procurement.
- Working closely with others on the executive’s immediate team and other operational staff to coordinate organization-wide governance, communications, meetings, etc.
Minimum 5+ years of executive level administrative and project management experience supporting a senior executive in a fast-paced environment required.
- High Capability in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Experience supporting remote teams required.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and anticipatory skills. Ability to make independent decisions and to juggle multiple projects at once with compressed lead time, in addition to dealing with ambiguity.
- Solid ability to manage multiple projects and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be assertive and have a high level of integrity with the ability to maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive material with tact and professionalism.
- Effective verbal and written communicator with a diverse group of key stakeholders.
- Positive can-do attitude, eager and able to work effectively under pressure with time constraints and in relatively ambiguous and complex situations, as well as the ability to adjust direction in response to changing work situations, while maintaining a calm demeanor.
- Able to work successfully in a team environment, build effective working relationships inside and outside group with varying levels of collaborators and accommodate working styles and perspectives of diverse individuals and groups.
- Knowledge of corporate organization and ability to navigate it and knowledge of departmental business practices and tools is required.
- Experience managing administrative professionals, contractors, and vendors strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of internal Microsoft tools such as Employee Central, MS Expense, Travel, MyOrder, etc. a plus.
- Traditional degrees are a great way, but not the only way, to demonstrate skills and abilities. If you do not have the following, but believe you have equivalent qualifications, we want you to apply. AA/BS/BA degree preferred but not required.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Candidates selected for this position must comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating that federal contractors and subcontractors receive the COVID-19 vaccine by being fully vaccinated before their date of hire, or work with Microsoft to receive an approved religious or medical accommodation
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.