Executive Assistant, People & Purpose
Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
This Executive Assistant role supports the People & Purpose organization, including the Chief Learning Officer and the Vice President, Global People Partners. We work cross functionally with multiple business partners and support each other to create solutions that nurture our people and sustain our special Workday culture. You will be joining a team that loves what they do! We enjoy working hard and include our Workday core value of ‘Fun’ in almost everything we do.
About the Role
The Executive Assistant will effectively communicate key initiatives to the team members, providing guidance and direction when appropriate. We are looking for someone with multitasking abilities, exceptional social skills and project management skills. A successful Executive assistant will have a proactive demeanor to provide executive support and manage schedules. Workday is a fast-growing company, and the Executive Assistant will need to handle ambiguity and multiple competing priorities. The utmost confidentiality is imperative, as you will be working on critical projects and will be privy to confidential information.
- Manage the daily schedule of the Chief Learning Officer and Vice President, Global People Partners, in Outlook.
- Provide advice on behalf of executives on projects and events.
- Compose professional documentation on behalf of executives.
- Advanced Skills in Domestic / Intl Travel with ability to advise executives on travel options to create a VIP experience that requires thoughtful planning in critical details.
- Process expense reports in Workday and ensure spend is within budget.
- Order catering for internal/external meetings.
- Publish meeting agendas, take and distribute notes, and follow up on action items.
- Ability to orchestrate events with limited to no direction. Includes advising on budget, logistics & securing resources that delivers a VIP service through thoughtful planning with attention to details which generates a remarkable experience.
- Coordinates facilitation of meetings and is relied on to advise on venue & meeting flow.
- Advise on how internal and cross-functional teams work together through providing ideas and driving accountability.
- When problem solving, has the ability to anticipate options that saves time and avoid potential disruptions
- Form trusting relationships with Executive’s customers, team and contacts; proactively understanding who they are and keeping track of communication needed for priority contacts
- Field incoming requests; exercise strong judgment and discretion with highly confidential information.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure communication is efficient and clear between teams
- 5+ years of executive support and/or project coordination experience, supporting multiple senior level executives.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to work independently with general direction and guidance.
- Ability to put yourself in the executive’s shoes and handle the schedule in a way that promotes the most effective use of time.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information with discretion, sound judgment, confidentiality and the utmost integrity.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional skill set working with office applications including Outlook, Google Drive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Zoom.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced technology environment.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!