Event Marketing Lead
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. We propel entrepreneurs and enterprises to scale the heights of their potential. Since 2006, we’ve grown to 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
Before you apply, consider if you can:
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion
- Embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
This is an individual contributor role. We are looking for an Event Marketing Lead to help us build and grow a world-class events engine that brings more Retail to the world. You’ll make this happen by designing and producing events that bring Shopify Retail to life at trade shows, industry events, and through our own properties and experiences IRL. These initiatives will help drive new and nurture Retail leads into/through the sales funnel ultimately impacting revenue goals. You’ll plan, execute and optimize event marketing and retail campaigns as part of a cross functional team.
This role requires frequent travel throughout North America and occasionally internationally.
- Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders and leadership to set goals, develop event strategies, execute those plans and then evaluate performance to drive improvement over time
- Build and manage event campaign program scopes of work, resources, budget, contracts, and timelines
- Leverage a deep understanding of internal and external market positioning and our target audiences to make event decisions
- Build strong relationships with external stakeholders and partners including industry/show organizers, agencies and vendors
- Assemble the right resources for each opportunity and foster collaboration and excellence with internal creative partners, agencies and vendors
- Contribute to overall marketing planning: partner with cross-functional team leaders to drive program strategies, approaches, and success criteria metrics while maintaining accuracy and accountability of event budgets, evaluate results against goals, deliver wrap-up reports, and make recommendations to senior leadership for Field Marketing
- Build upon and advocate for the event marketing/production craft and vision
- A passion for event marketing and production and a willingness to get hands-on in execution
- Strong project management and communication skills with a proven ability to manage multiple stakeholders, at all levels in different geographies
- You’ve successfully produced a wide range of events (from trade shows to activations to conferences to white glove experiences) for a variety of audiences in terms of complexity, scale and design and can move effortlessly between big picture and intricate details
- You are an empathetic leader who knows how to motivate teams and mentor individuals to contribute to their highest potential
- You are passionate and knowledgeable about break-through experience design and emerging event technology
- You love working cross-functionally across different teams, building and maintaining relationships across the organization to drive results
- You are an intellectually curious self-starter who is not afraid to ask questions and use answers to bring clarity and direction to your greater team
- Experience working in international markets
- Experience in the commerce/retail space
- Experience juggling multiple high-impact projects
- Experience identifying opportunities and rallying teams behind building a solution
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Our team is looking forward to reading your resume. A cover letter is optional. Please submit your application materials in PDF format.