The Event Manager is a full-time position responsible for the coordination, evaluation, and successful execution of events at YouTube Theater on the Hollywood Park campus. This position works closely with internal and external resources to ensure seamless development and execution of all event related details, while leading and managing an assigned Event Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the event coordination process for assigned events at SoFi Stadium and consistently execute on day-to-day event details with internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead and manage Event Specialists and other direct reports to include managing daily workload and monthly event schedule.
- Regularly monitor the facility master calendar and assign appropriate event staff as needed.
- During assigned event, oversee activities and serve as acting manager on duty. Work with internal business partners to coordinate staffing, etc,. for a seamless execution.
- Develop budget forecasts, manage budget tracking, purchase order processing, and reconciliation for events and department.
- Manage the development and distribution of necessary event orders, production notes, summaries and fact sheets to all internal and external contacts, as well as third partner contractors and vendors.
- Complete a thorough wrap up of all elements for each event, including submission of an event debrief to document the areas of success and needed improvement.
- Assists the Director of Events for YouTube Theater in the development and successful implementation of operating procedures that meet facility and industry best practices, as well as ensures proper protocols and procedures are being adhered and followed.
- Manages continuing education and training programs for Event Coordinators on fire/life safety and emergency procedures.
- Supervises Senior Event Coordinator and Event Coordinators by interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Develops and maintains a harmonious working relationship with tenants, contractors, subcontractors and stakeholders.
- Implement procedures within the department to establish and maintain customer service standards that are designed to ensure a positive and professional image and generate repeat business.
- Assist with oversight of contract terms and collaborate with client and internal departments to maintain compliance of use of space and timing of access.
- Perform other duties as necessary and relevant.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and relevant work experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of event planning experience with demonstrated ability to show progression in event coordination responsibilities. Preferred experience within a public assembly facility or venue.
- Minimum of one (1) year of direct supervisory or managerial experience.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications to include Microsoft and/or Google Suite applications and CAD software.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills; Ability to communicate effectively and to convey instructions or information to various levels within the organization both orally and in writing.
- Previous experience handling multiple tasks effectively while meeting deadlines in a high pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and guide the work and progress of teams to a successful conclusion.
- Must be able to successfully traverse the various levels and areas of the Hollywood Park campus with ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Able to work a flexible schedule to include long hours, nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary and required.
- Bilingual capability to read/speak spanish is preferred.