Your team responsibilities
Institutional investors require data, research and toolkits to enable them to align their multi-asset portfolios with their sustainability, climate and ESG investment objectives and goals. To this end, we are seeking to grow our Sovereign ESG Research team. Ideally, candidates will have a macroeconomics or fixed income (e.g., emerging market debt) investment background and a passion for sustainability.
Our research is designed to provide critical insights that can help institutional investors identify ESG risks and opportunities that traditional investment research may overlook. Our mission is a transformational one and we are looking for talented and dedicated people to join us.
Our Sovereign ESG offering is organized as follows:
- Country ESG Ratings
- Country level data and screens
- Country temperature alignment and warming potential
- Scenario Analysis and Climate Value-at-Risk
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect…
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance and retirement savings plans/pensions
- A wide range of benefits including – healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) – cycle-to-work schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts
- A hybrid work environment, for the vast majority of employees, offering a more progressive way of working to give you the flexibility, accountability, and responsibility to empower you to perform at your very best. At the center of this way of working is a culture which is built on a strong foundation of trust. We trust our people and they trust our organization’s leaders to support them.
- An inclusive and performance driven culture where you are empowered to maximize your potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing to provide you with all the resources you need to be your best at work and in your personal life. Our Here For You Employee Assistance Program provides confidential emotional support with local experts, financial and legal advice in a wide range of issues as well as access to online information, resources and tools. All the services are available for our employees free of charge.
Your key responsibilities
The successful candidate would contribute to one or more of these work streams, depending on their expertise. On top of the model maintenance and development of these products and models, the candidate would be expected to contribute to our thematic content research output – i.e., analyzing and writing about country level ESG risks, opportunities and regulations and communicating these findings to the investment community.
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
- An expert researcher, with macroeconomics and/or fixed income expertise
- A critical thinker with attention to detail and the ability to work with large data sets
- Fast learner and strong logical thinker, flexible to adapt to new challenges
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a multi-cultural and geographically distributed team
- At least five years’ professional experience in a related field (investment research, consulting, policy research)
- A Bachelors’ degree (required), an advanced degree (Masters) or relevant industry accreditation (preferable but not required)
How we’ll support you
- Coaching, support and encouragement from experts in your team
- Access to a wide range of learning opportunities to support your growth and development
- Customizable learning journeys to help you navigate your professional development
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee Resource Groups: MSCI Pride, Black Leadership Network, Women’s Leadership Forum, Women in Tech, Asian Support Network, All Abilities, Hola! MSCI and Climate Action Group.
About MSCI and our teams
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 50 years of expertise in research, data and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
At MSCI diversity is at our core and inclusion defines our culture. Our people are empowered to maximize their potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work. We work, learn and grow together and we are committed to hiring and promoting qualified women, ethnic minorities and members of the LGBT+ community candidates, who have historically been underrepresented in financial services.
To learn more about life at MSCI please visit https://careers.msci.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Glassdoor.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Our Response to COVID-19
To help protect our colleagues, MSCI requires that new hires are fully vaccinated (meaning two weeks have elapsed since the final vaccine shot) as a condition of employment and will require proof of vaccination.