The ESG Intern is hired for a 10-week experience where they learn the fundamentals of analyzing new business solutions through information gathering, analysis, and continual monitoring, in addition to experiencing the culture of ShopCore. This position is based out of ShopCore’s headquarters in Chicago, IL.
The ESG Intern is a key position on the ESG team primarily responsible for evaluating ShopCore’s sustainability performance and analyzing the feasibility of new projects both at the portfolio and asset level. They will perform analytical tasks to evaluate ongoing sustainability performance for our entire portfolio and assist with updating our sustainability database. The intern is also part of the stakeholder communication and engagement plan. They help gather, analyze and communicate requirements and changes to business processes, policies, etc. In addition, they will assist in communicating with the Operators, ensuring effective project status communication between all stakeholders.
Our 2022 summer internship program will begin June 2022 and last through August 2022. To be eligible, you must be a college student during the time of the internship program.
- Gathering, analyzing, and reporting on sustainability initiatives surrounding energy use, water use, waste management, carbon emissions, renewable energy, and other environmental programs
- Assist in evaluating sustainability projects and solutions for properties related to renewable energy, energy efficiency, water efficiency and health and wellness
- Assist in quantifying the value of sustainability initiatives to stakeholders
- Managing day-to-day communication with project teams
- Participate in standardizing company sustainable practices and green standard operating procedures
- Communicating with property operators managing our assets to ensure compliance and consistency throughout our portfolio
- Bring creative solutions to improve existing workflows, processes, and communication during acquisition, operations, and disposition of our assets
- Evaluating and monitoring project progress of new and existing initiatives and notifying project team when project anomalies are discovered
- Current junior undergraduate student at an accredited four-year institution (graduating 2023)
- Pursuing a degree in Environmental Science, Business, Real Estate or other STEM related field.
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Superior analytical skills with proficiency in Excel and all Microsoft office applications
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with Energy Star, LEED and WELL preferred
- Ability to work in Chicago in a full-time capacity for 10 weeks, beginning in June of 2022.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Collaborate at all levels, working with team members, senior management, and business owners to move projects forward.
- Highly organized, motivated, energetic and independent with strong interpersonal skills
- Must demonstrate time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities, deliver timely and accurate work products with a customer service focus, and respond with a sense of urgency as required.
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs without regard to race, color, marital status, familial status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and or any other legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email email@example.com.