ESG Communications Coordinator
Environmental Social and Governance-focused communicators interested in making a difference should apply to Hearst’s new position as its corporate point person coordinating and producing content around the company’s successful DE&I and sustainability efforts. Hearst is seeking a dynamic individual to work across the corporation with stakeholders to create a database on divisional reporting and events related to these topics which will then be synthesized and edited to produce company’s annual DE&I and upcoming sustainability reports. See Hearst’s latest RISE report here.
This position resides within the company's Marketing Communications group, whose primary focus is promoting the company and its unique culture, including ESG efforts, as well as creating engagement across Hearst’s internal and external communications channels. These include Hearst’s corporate social media accounts, website, employee portal, various.
Hearst’s invests in its people and believes doing well means doing good. With 24,000 employees around the world, we are connected by our values of innovation, creativity, partnership and social good, and we are #Uniquely Hearst.
Major Responsibilities & Duties
This coordinator will possess experience of managing a database of information and producing content that engages audiences.
The responsibilities include:
- Gathering information from stakeholders and updating the company's two annual reports in real time, working with the Sr. Director of Corporate Responsibility
- Draft and implement communications strategies to spread awareness on DE&I and sustainability efforts
- Build and strengthen relationships with internal stakeholders to track all DE&I and sustainability related activities across the organization
Leverage marketing strategies to reach and engage audiences internal, external, peer companies and media)
- Stay up-to-date on ESG industry trends and messaging best practices
- Reports to the Vice President of Marketing Communications, Hearst
- 2 to 4 years of proven experience with ESG-related content and producing reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor messages to specific audiences
- Demonstrated interest in DE&I and sustainability
- Experience working with diverse teams and supporting diverse communities
- Ability to build trusted relationships with executive collaborators, and partners of all roles and levels
- Ability to manage and thrive in a fast-paced environment
We provide a supportive, inclusive culture where colleagues can access extensive training and development opportunities. We prioritize robust internship, mentorship and sponsorship programs to advance a strong pipeline of diverse talent. Our content offers audiences a range of perspectives, and our HearstLab invests in women-led startups innovating in media, technology and data, connecting these companies to Hearst’s resources and people to provide expertise, advice and hands-on help.