The ESG Analyst will work under the general direction and supervision of the Vice President Governance and Sustainability & Corporate Secretary. This key member of the ESG team will support a wide range of data gathering, analysis, disclosure preparation and support for all aspects of Matson’s sustainability and corporate governance programs. This person will play a critical role in, among other things, distilling internal and external data into well thought out summary information that supports decision making for all of Matson’s ESG leaders.
What you’ll do:
- Support the Company’s ESG initiatives and disclosures, including working with a cross-functional team to collect, organize and analyze data for the annual sustainability reports.
- Monitor and track progress against ESG goals and metrics.
- Develop and maintain internal control processes to assure metrics and data in ESG disclosures.
- Coordinate the Company’s responses to investor, customer and other stakeholder requests for ESG information.
- Respond to ESG risk assessments and questionnaires from ratings and ranking organizations.
- Serve as a thought leader on emerging trends and best practices to ensure the Company is delivering best in class reporting.
- Assist with other corporate governance and compliance matters.
You have these skills:
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration and adaptability are important.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Organized, process oriented, and deadline driven.
- Excellent judgment, strong commitment to ethics and integrity, and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to take ownership of a project from start to finish.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data, manage projects, and research industry trends to inform decisions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Flexibility and willingness to assist in areas outside of the role’s defined scope as needed.
And these qualifications:
- Relevant degree from a top-tier university.
- Two (2) or more years of relevant experience, including at a law firm or experience working in corporate affairs or an ESG function in a corporate environment or investment firm.
- Experience with ESG/sustainability reporting and disclosure, including knowledge of current tools and trends; policy positions of proxy advisory firms, ESG raters and rating agencies; and requirements of SASB, TCFD and other reporting frameworks and standards.
Extra credit if you have:
- Environmental expertise.
At Matson, we're looking for people to build a unified team to maintain our values of trust, integrity, and reliability. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and thoughtfully challenge assumptions.
Matson is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, AIDS/HIV status, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including, but not limited to, the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.