TRC is seeking an entry-level Environmental Technician in the Air Management Services Practice of our Gainesville, Florida office to assist in the completion of air emissions testing projects at various industrial facilities. The successful candidate will work with a talented staff already in place to serve clients across the US. This position is focused on preparing for and executing field work, with travel up to 75% of the time. It may require some weekend work and extended travel.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Under supervision, set up equipment and collect samples at facility emissions points that may require working at heights and outdoors in all weather conditions, including but not limited to: heat, cold, humidity, snow, rain, wind, direct sunlight, and noise.
- Support equipment repair, calibration, and maintenance
- Coordinate field work, equipment logistics, and DOT-regulated driving.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Engineering or science degree preferred, High School diploma or GED is required.
- Completion of assigned responsibilities in a team setting with strong written and oral communication skills, and moderate computer skills
- The position requires significant field work and travel in the form of driving and/or flying (up to 75%). Overnight hotel stays are regularly associated with travel.
- Some weekend work and extended travel (more than 7 consecutive days) may be required.
- Frequently climbing 75-foot (or higher) ladders; lifting and carrying loads of up to 50 pounds; and occasionally hoisting loads of up to 50 pounds by rope.
- Office responsibilities may include entering data into Excel spreadsheets, equipment repair, maintenance and calibration.
- A current, valid passport is a plus.
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.trccompanies.com/.