TRC is seeking an entry-level Environmental Scientist / Emissions Technician in the Air Measurements Practice of our Golden, Colorado office to assist in the completion of air emissions testing projects at various industrial facilities.
The successful candidate will work under the supervision of Project Managers and Field Team Leaders. Job responsibilities will include setting up and operating air monitoring equipment at client sites, data collection, coordination of field work and equipment logistics, and DOT regulated driving.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Sample collection at facility emissions points that may require working at heights and outdoors in all weather conditions, including but not limited to: heat, cold, humidity, snow, rain, wind, direct sunlight and noise
- Support equipment repair, calibration and maintenance
- Data collection
- Coordination of field work and equipment logistics; and DOT regulated driving
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Candidates are required to successfully pass a drug test prior to employment or within five working days from date of hire
- The position requires significant field work and travel in the form of driving and/or flying (up to 70%). Overnight hotel stays are regularly associated with travel
- May require some weekend work and extended travel (more than 7 consecutive days)
- Candidates will frequently be required to climb ladders of 75 feet or more, frequently lift and carry loads of up to 50 pounds, and occasionally hoist by rope loads of up to 50 pounds
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to pass a pre-employment motor vehicle records check
- A current, valid passport is a plus
- Office responsibilities may include inputting data into MS Excel spreadsheets, equipment repair, calibration, and maintenance
- The position requires working in a team setting, completing responsibilities, strong written and oral communication skills, and moderate computer skills
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry or Engineering is highly preferred, but not required
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match.