Environmental / Sustainability Solutions Manager
We are looking for an Environmental / Sustainability Solutions Manager based at our Montreal Head Office. The Environmental Sustainability Manager's role is to Implement and deploy sustainable solutions and compliance in close collaboration with Canadian organization. This role has End-to-End management of the overall Canada recycling program as well as key sustainability projects which include: definition of strategy and scope, definition of milestones, management of stakeholders at the Market and HQ market level, responsibility for deliverables and time to market, budget management, post-mortem
A day in the life of an Environmental / Sustainability Solutions Manager
Environmental sustainability expertise and strategy:
- As a key member of the Sustainability Steering Committee in the Canadian Market, demonstrate functional leadership in sustainability & technical solutions, act as a sustainability role model and develop the sustainability knowledge and capabilities in the market across levels and functions.
- Oversee the development of market sustainability solutions through quantitative and qualitative analyses; lead end to end business cases development and validation with the cross -functional teams, conduct presentations to key stakeholders, senior management and HQ where applicable.
Sustainability Technical Project Management:
- Manage projects and new solutions from R&D phase to final implementation including full feasibility and P&L impact including Capex investment
- Ensure all projects follow market Project Portfolio Management and ensure processes are respected across department, identify and communicate gaps, risks resource requirements etc.
Recycling Solutions Management
- Responsible for the Overview and Management of the Nespresso Canada Recycling Capsule Solutions: Implementation / maintenance / improvement of B2C & B2B Capsule recycling system /process /solutions for the Canada market and manage related projects to manage efficient operations
Subject matter expertise in recycling and waste management:
- Oversee the market's infrastructure of recycling points to effectively optimize used capsules recycling and capacity rates with Boutiques, B2B Customers, Trade Partners, Transports, etc. In conjunction with Logistics, Recommend the most relevant and efficient operational set-ups;
- In collaboration with Sustainability Business Development, Marketing, and Communications, support the recycling infrastructure expansion; verify the effectiveness of the program; mobilize teams to ensure compliance and cost reduction activities; prepare clear and compelling sustainability presentations to support the project teams.
Audits and Compliance:
- Enable Market environmental compliance strategy, including but not limited to Business certification towards ISO 14 001/ISO 9 001, Circular economy, Recycling program certifications, LCA- Lifecycle Assessments, BCorp evaluations
- Ensure legal obligations in terms of Environment for the company in waste management, stewardship obligation programs, (list is non-exhaustive) and manage and implement all necessary actions based on the gap analysis. Identify opportunities to comply with Nestlé guidelines & international standards to work towards an environmental certification
Budget / Cost Savings Initiatives and Reporting
- Be accountable and efficiently manage Recycling /sustainability solutions budget ($CAPEX and OPEX). Manage implementation of new initiatives on all Nespresso sites to reduce the company’s environmental impact. Oversees overall cost of Recycling solutions (bag/ collection programs) as well as stewardship tracking and expense.
- Responsible of annual budget, estimates (DF), MBS and operational processes related to Recycling program, compliance and stewardship.
What will make you successful?
As the successful candidate you will need to be passionate, tenacious, results focused and really enjoy working in a highly energetic and exciting environment. You will also:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Degree in environmental studies, technical, or engineering preferrerd,
- 5-8 years years’ experience in Sustainability / Technical solutions, Project Management Operations Sustainability / Environmental knowledge
- Strong business acumen, experience in a large organization, Able to work in ambiguous, fast paced operating environments
- Proven track record in delivering results with a cross functional team
- Demonstrated capability to lead projects and change management
- Excellent communication skills, with experience developing clear, concise, and compelling content for senior management-level presentations and communications
- Bilingualism- Proficiency in both English and French
- Excellent organization and forward-planning skills
- Has successfully managed relationships with external providers, technical equipment and/or transport
- Relevant operational experience at Market/ Business Level such as :
- Recycling program management.
- Extended producer responsibility
- Regulatory and compliance as per local requirements
- Finance (budget planning, budget control, cost management, cost savings)
- Demonstrated management capability included the ability to lead, coach, engage influence, work cross-functionally.
We have a friendly, supportive team with a coaching and mentoring environment. There are real opportunities for future development and progression – this really could be a move towards the exciting career you’ve always wanted.
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé including a comprehensive total rewards benefits package including Health and Dental benefits that start on day one as well as a Company matched retirement savings plan, excellent training and development programs as well as opportunities to grow within the company.
We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Nestlé will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.