TRC seeks an energetic environmental data scientist to join our Ann Arbor, Michigan team to work with a multi-disciplinary staff on a variety of environmental projects through data management and statistical evaluation support for various site investigation, groundwater monitoring, and remediation projects. The position will include working with data in Microsoft Excel®, Microsoft Access®, Power BI and Earthsoft’s EQuIS™. This position will collaborate with a national group of data management specialists implementing standard EQuIS™ processes across TRC while participating in local project teams that include project managers, laboratories, GIS professionals, scientists, chemists, and field technicians.
Initial responsibilities will be commensurate with experience and capability and will include data analytics applied to environmental data using a broad range data management systems and software applications, collaboration on sampling analysis plans, quality assurance project plans, and statistical evaluation plans and implementation of those plans through data processing, data reduction, and statistical analysis to support data-driven decision making. Project data includes field documentation, field-collected data, laboratory analytical data for a variety of environmental media, and geological and geotechnical information. Opportunities to contribute will focus on compiling and interpreting these data against various regulatory standards and preparing report ready data tables, charts, figures and other visualizations for internal review and external client reports using a variety of tools.
- Bachelor of Science degree, preferably in environmental studies/sciences, geology, chemistry, or related field, an emphasis on mathematics and/or statistics is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel® and Access®).
- Demonstrated capabilities for use and development of tools for environmental data analysis, statistical evaluation, and visualization (Python or R, ChemStat, Sanitas™, ProUCL)
- Experience and demonstrated understanding of databases using Microsoft SQL or equivalent for managing large data sets.
- Strong analytical and computational skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deadlines.
- Must possess solid technical and problem-solving skills.
- Focus on Quality Assurance and Quality Controls and attention to detail.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship.