As we create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through chemistry, we invite you to join our team to harness the power of chemistry to shape markets, redefine industries and improve lives for billions of people around the world.
HELP SHAPE THE FUTURE OF CHEMISTRY AND THE WORLD
From the frontline to the back office, every Chemours employee is part of something bigger than themselves as together we work to create a better world through the power of our chemistry.
Chemours is a $6.3 billion company with a portfolio of products and processes that enable technologies and products that people use every day in their lives. From cellular phones to lower emission vehicles, to 5G communications and clean energy from hydrogen, we’re collaborating with customers to make these innovations more capable. Simply said, we use our chemistry to change lives, shape markets, and redefine industries—one improvement at a time.
Chemours is seeking an Environmental Specialist to join our growing Chemours Discovery Hub team. This position will be available at the Chemours Discovery Hub, Newark, DE and report directly to the Site Manager, Chemours Discovery Hub and Newark Area Technology.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead the air and water compliance programs for the labs.
- Managing environmental systems, processes, and improvement programs to ensure compliance with applicable standards, procedures, federal and state regulations and permits.
- Implementing and leading audit programs for all environmental management systems and tools.
- Providing leadership, technical support, and training to researchers for new research program development.
- Contributing to the environmental permitting strategy.
- Partnering with site leadership and personnel to maintain high standards of performance and awareness of environmental issues through training programs.
- Providing timely environmental metrics and reports to both internal stakeholders and external regulatory bodies; including filling permit modifications, submitting state and federal compliance reports, providing technical support for existing regulations, and represent the site/company at public hearings.
- Participating on corporate EH&S networks, outreach efforts, and continuing education to stay current and knowledgeable on industry best practices, Corporate policy, and changes in applicable regulation.
The following is required for this role:
- Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or Chemical or Science Degree with equivalent work experience in environmental compliance.
- Minimum of 5 years in an environmental role including graduate education in environmental field.
- Ability to read and interpret complex regulations into actionable procedures and management systems.
- Demonstrated expertise of environmental regulations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with experience talking with regulators.
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
- Company-paid Volunteer Days
We’re a different kind of chemistry company because we see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it—by taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture. Our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves, at Chemours and in life. And we’re proud to be Certified™ by Great Place to Work®.
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Jurisdictions may have additional grounds for non-discrimination, and we comply with all applicable laws.
Chemours is an E-Verify employer
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation
Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position
In our pursuit to be the greatest place to work, we know that a critical element to enhancing our employee experience is to assure we’re operating with a solid foundation of trust. At Chemours, this means being transparent about how we pay our employees for the work that they do.
Pay Range (in local currency):
$93,184.00 - $145,600.00
Annual Bonus Target:
8% - The pay range and incentives listed above is a general guideline based on the primary location of this job only and not a guarantee of total compensation. Factors considered in extending a compensation offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, and alignment with market data. The incentive pay is dependent on business results and individual performance and subject to the terms and conditions of the specific plans.
At Chemours, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join Chemours and discover what it means when we say "We Are Living Chemistry."