CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER.
It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
Mattel is seeking an ESG Analyst based in El Segundo, California to help support the company’s strategic objectives related to Environmental, Social, and Governance programs and disclosures. This position requires an understanding of ESG and sustainability concepts and the ability to manage data and work cross-functionally.
The candidate will be detail oriented, an innovative thinker, and passionate about Mattel achieving its sustainability goals and creating a more sustainable future for the next generation. Reporting to our Lead Sustainability Analyst, this employee will work closely with key internal teams including Design and Development, Procurement, EHS, Quality/Safety/Compliance, HR/DEI, and others.
The candidate must have prior experience in ESG and sustainability. The candidate must also have strong writing skills, experience with data analysis and research, and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Ensure ESG data quality and completeness at Mattel by integrating current data systems and supporting the implementation of an ESG data management and reporting platform
- Contribute to annual ESG reporting and communications development and completion of third party questionnaires
- Support project management efforts as part of annual ESG workstreams, internal reporting dashboards, and external ESG report development
- Support the creation of guidelines, policies, procedures, and other related program content to align with standard processes and frameworks
- Perform regular research to identify gaps and improvement opportunities, track trends, and benchmark best practices
- Contribute to training materials and develop issue briefs on sustainability and governance topics to further awareness throughout the company
- Ad hoc projects and assigned duties, as necessary
What We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years of experience in related disciplines (preference for experience working across a large organization and with a wide variety of stakeholders)
- Business acumen, an understanding of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) concepts, and experience with various standards and frameworks (e.g. GRI, SASB, TCFD)
- Analytical problem-solving skills with an understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, adapt to shifting priorities, and be very detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to manage relationships, and excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated a growth mindset by staying curious and continuously learning, embracing challenges, and improving themselves.
The annual base salary range for this position is between $73,000 and $83,000.
This range is indicative of projected hiring range, however annual base salary will be determined based on a candidate’s work location, skills and experience.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Mattel we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate:
- Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate:
- At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute:
- We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events.
We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Mattel is recognized for the second year in a row as a Great Place to Work™ and as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators in 2022.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, military spouses, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.