Environmental Services Shift Lead
Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL…
The Environmental Services Shift Lead is responsible for the direct onsite management and administration of the EHS technicians ensuring the facility and production machinery is provided with adequate and timely custodial services.
This role is with NETA, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), and Texas (Goodblend). At NETA, we are a passionate group of patient advocates, experienced professionals, industry leaders and philanthropists. We have come together to improve the quality of patients’ lives through personalized care and the best in the art and science of medical marijuana. We provide registered patients and recreational customers in Massachusetts with first-rate marijuana therapies at our registered dispensaries in Brookline, Northampton, and Franklin.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Ensure all Parallel Policies and Procedures for the daily operations are fully compliant with all Federal and state regulations.
- Responsible for scheduling and prepping custodial, room cleaning and disposal work at the cultivation site.
- Works closely with Cultivation, Trim, and IPM Department Team Shift Leads to ensure proper cleaning needs are met throughout the facility.
- Responsible for taking inventory of all supplies and chemicals for Environmental Services.
- Accurately collect, weigh and record disposal weights; ensuring compliance with all disposal requirements.
- Utilize sterile techniques to ensure all grow room surfaces are free of pathogens.
- Takes an active role in developing new protocols for grow space sterilization.
- Maintaining a daily online task sheet detailing the progress on whichever grow room is currently being cleaned.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- Ability to comprehend written and oral instructions in English
- Knowledge of chemical use and purpose
- Good organization and time management skills
- Ability to calculate and document weight and % measures
- Must be able to pass a respirator fit test and wear a respirator for certain tasks
- 3+ years custodial experience with knowledge of proper and safe use of custodial equipment
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces
- Ability to be able to be in constant standing/moving position
- Ability to perform various physical activities, including lifting, standing, and squatting
- Ability to work in extreme weather
- Ability to ascend/descend a ladder
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Employee discount
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
- Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
- Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
- Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.