Environmental Services Manager
Join us as a leader to oversee and manage the environmental services department in our Long Term Care home. With your technical expertise, you will take a proactive approach to ongoing maintenance, and optimization of building equipment. Your passion for building trusted relationships and engaging a team of environmental services professionals will ensure we are able to provide an optimal quality of life to our residents.
In this role you will be focused on:
- Achieving Resident & Family Satisfaction and Employee Engagement targets
- Ensuring that Health & Safety risks to residents, employees and the general public are minimized or eliminated
- Ensuring that installed equipment is maintained in working order or serviced as required
- Ensuring that capital spend and department budget are within established guidelines
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate - Work with the Executive Director and leadership team to maximize resident satisfaction
- Manage - Hire, train and engage a team of environmental services staff to deliver quality service to our residents
- Comply - Maintain environmental services in compliance with regulations and company policies and processes
- Lend a Helping Hand - Take a hands-on approach to leading, mentoring, and helping the environmental services team as required
- Cultivate - Build and maintain strong relationships with the residents, employees, managers, regional team and vendor partners
- Respond with HEART - Hear, Empathize, Acknowledge, Respond, Thank
What You Bring:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field or equivalent is required
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in a managerial or supervisor capacity in the area of environmental services/maintenance in a unionized environment
- Must be enrolled or willing to enroll in the Property Admin Certificate (PAC) program
- Knowledge of building systems including basic plumbing, electrical, mechanical, HVAC and emergency systems
- Knowledge and experience related to evidence-based practices associated with housekeeping, laundry and maintenance with a strong ability to manage a budget and financial spend
- Values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion & Excellence and a passion to work with seniors
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
What We Offer:
- Support from your Regional and National Team
- Technology to help you do your job better
- Benefits and Pension Package
- Better work life balance
- Vision to support Person Centered Care
What are you waiting for?
Join us in celebrating the ageless spirit of people through service and innovation.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.