At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Environmental Scientist, we'll count on you to:
- Support existing projects including PADEP-GTAC, CRL Macungie, LVEDC, USEPA, FedEx Ground, and other clients
- Lead or support field investigations including site characterization, remedial investigation feasibility studies (RI/FS), and Phase I and II Environmental Site assessments in a cross-sector capacity to support PennDOT and Water Business Groups
- Work on environmental compliance and natural resources projects as they relate to water resources, transportation, and development projects
- Work under the supervision of mid-level and senior environmental scientists and water resource engineers
- Assist with environmental permits, NEPA documentation, biological assessments, etc.
- Assist senior and mid-level scientists in fieldwork associated with the collection of natural resource data
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Studies, Geology, or closely related field
- Knowledge of wetland delineation, field investigation techniques, and agency coordination requirements
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- MS Office experience
- Must be willing to travel
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant in our employee-owned culture
- Minimum 1 year of applicable experience
- Preference will be given to local candidates
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.