Environmental Project Scientist
Own where you work. Braun Intertec is proud to be a 100% employee-owned environmental consulting, geotechnical engineering, and testing firm of 1,000 employees with offices located in ten states. As a part of our exciting growth initiatives, we are continuing to build relationships in emerging markets and recruiting new talent. Our dedication to being the Employer of Choice is instrumental in achieving our goal of becoming the Consultant of Choice. By hiring the best people and helping each other grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for our employee owners and our clients.
We want our employee-owners to be fully engaged — at home, at work, and in their communities. We provide our employees with a full range of benefits including comprehensive medical, vision, and dental plans, paid time off (as well as volunteer time off), company match 401k, participation in our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), technical training and career development resources, and access to our wellness program. The ESOP is a benefit we are proud of and celebrate as it allows all employees to be owners within the company.
This is a great opportunity to join our growing Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) group. Do you want an opportunity to truly have a say in growing and building a dynamic group? Do you want to work with an engaged team that is focused on creative solutions to complex environmental problems for a wide variety of clients?
A Principal Scientist in our EHS practice group works with clients to get their projects done on time, on budget, while exceeding expectations. You will contribute to the firm’s success by:
- Driving and implementing strategy for the EHS practice group’s performance and growth at a national level.
- Collaborating closely with other members of the firm, listening to the client’s needs, and developing solutions to meet their needs.
- Developing and executing whole scopes and preparing environmental reports giving professional opinions and practical environmental solutions.
- Tracking project performance, profitability, schedule, and make sure you have the right resources to complete the project.
- Forming and rallying the project team, keeping them on track, and driving projects to completion. When something comes up, you’ll keep things moving.
- Working with clients to help them develop or maintain EHS compliance programs.
- Establishing, building and maintaining long-term relationships with clients, vendors, and partners.
- Conducting internal and external business development activities for EHS services while partnering with other business units to cross-sell applicable Braun Intertec services to new and existing clients.
- Performing technical work and supporting project deliverables on a variety of EHS projects including:
- Asbestos, lead, PCB, and other regulated materials assessments;
- Indoor air quality assessments (mold, VOCs, CO, CO2, etc.);
- Employee exposure assessments;
- Noise dosimetry and sounds pressure level surveys;
- Chemical exposure assessments;
- Ventilation studies; and
- Various assessments including PPE, LOTO, confined spaces, heat stress, etc.
- As part of this position, there is an opportunity to become involved in environmental compliance and permitting projects including:
- Safety training and audits/reviews;
- Solid and hazardous waste management permitting and compliance;
- Wastewater, Stormwater and air permitting and compliance;
- Environmental audits and compliance assessments; and
- Environmental Reporting (i.e., Annual Waste Summaries, EPCRA Tier II Reports, SARA Toxic Release Inventory Reports, Air Emissions Inventory Reports, Annual Compliance Reports, etc.)
What We’d Love to See in You
- BS degree or higher in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health/Safety, Public Health, Environmental Science, Safety or Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- 20+ years of direct experience in EHS, industrial hygiene, occupational health, and/or regulated materials.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of industrial, energy, and commercial clients.
- Asbestos training/certification, lead training/certifications, and similar certifications (radon, mold, etc.)
- Detail-oriented, motivated, analytical thinker, problem solver with a driven work ethic.
- Proven leadership skills with experience mentoring junior staff.
- Ability to collaboratively work with other offices to address national or regional client concerns.
- Strong desire to help build and grow a client base through diverse business development initiatives.
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills.
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.
Braun Intertec strives to ensure that its careers web site is accessible to all. If you need assistance completing your online application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Braun Intertec is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please e-mail us at email@example.com. In your e-mail, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.