Environmental Programs Associate
As the Environmental Programs Associate you will play an integral role in supporting our environmental grantee organizations through an array of capacity building programs; including trainings, curated resources, and networks. This role will work closely with the Environmental Programs Manager, the Grants Team, Campaigns and Advocacy Team, and Patagonia Action Works team to help plan, implement, and evaluate grantee programs. In this role you will support collaborative relationships across the internal teams and external partners to effectively deliver support to the organizations critical to our mission to ‘save our home planet’.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with the Environmental Programs Manager to provide planning, implementation, and evaluation support for a growing suite of grantee Capacity Building Programs.
- Partner with Grants Team and Campaigns and Advocacy Team to support cross-team efforts to solicit and integrate their contributions to our shared project areas.
- Work proactively and collaboratively with the Patagonia Action Works team to provide data administration, content moderation, and grantee engagement support for that program.
- Help develop and maintain systems for tracking program planning and management practices.
- Provide long-term, high touch relationship management with external partners including grantees and program providers.
- Clearly and consistently communicate with grantees, team members, and other partners in a transparent, timely, and respectful manner.
- Operate and communicate across diverse lived experiences.
- Serves as the primary grantee contact for all general inquiries related to Patagonia's’ capacity building programs.
- Network with activists and grantmakers in an effort to stay connected to the environmental field.
- Work with Environmental Programs Manager and rest of department to implement and evolve newly adopted strategic framework and corresponding milestones.
- Provide administrative support to Environmental Department leadership and overall Environmental Department planning and coordination needs. This may include but not be exclusive to: providing planning and logistical support for team offsites, maintaining team meeting calendaring and communication, asynchronous gathering of team member inputs and update on shared projects, supporting team resource needs (publications/ subscriptions, supplies, etc.), and maintaining a team shared calendar.
Who You Are
- Organized – Able to manage multiple work streams in a highly professional and efficient manner.
- Curious – Thoughtful and inquisitive and always seeking to learn more.
- Passionate – Understand the critical role that grassroots nonprofits play and committed to serving them.
- Collaborative – Work extremely well with others and understand the importance of buy-in and input from stakeholders, internal and external.
- Adaptive – Ability to thrive in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Organized – able to effectively handle multiple projects, meet regular deadlines with consistency and accuracy.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on all areas of responsibility.
- All employees are expected to: perform with high standards of integrity; demonstrate maturity; embrace principles of equity and inclusion; listen actively; value self-understanding; exhibit deep commitment; use good humor; and communicate effectively.
Experience You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or commensurate work experience in the environmental movement with working knowledge of environmental issues.
- 5+ years’ experience in environmental nonprofit or related space.
- 3+ years’ project coordination or management experience.
- Excellent meeting and project facilitation skills.
- Excellent administrative and coordination skills.
- Excellent communication skills including interpersonal, public speaking, and written.
- Proficiency in Outlook and other Microsoft tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
- Salesforce experience a plus.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive, inclusive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Patagonia requires all employees who enter a Patagonia owned or operated facility or who physically interact with others as part of their job duties to demonstrate proof of receiving a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of their employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.