Edwards-Pitman, a wholly owned subsidiary of Braun Intertec and regional leader in environmental compliance, is seeking an entry-level Environmental Planner to join and expand our team in Atlanta, GA.
The successful candidate for this position will work primarily on preparation of environmental documentation in support of transportation projects.
- Assist in analyzing and evaluating environmental data pertaining to the cultural, social, natural, and physical environments and resources.
- Preparing NEPA and planning documents, including Need and Purpose Statements, Categorical Exclusions, Environmental Assessments, and Environmental Impact Statements.
- Assist senior staff in ensuring that NEPA documentation conforms to applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
- Coordination with sub-consultants, government agencies, primary clients, and public.
- Consulting with clients to advise and develop strategies to navigate through the environmental documentation and permitting processes.
- Knowledge of commonly used computer software (Word and Excel) expected.
- Candidate must have excellent writing, communication, and analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Urban or Environmental Planning, Environmental Studies, or a related field.
- Zero to five years of experience with NEPA requirements and Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) guidance.
- Experience with State Departments of Transportation, particularly the GDOT Plan Development Process (PDP), is a plus.
The successful candidate will be encouraged to expand their skills and certifications through company provided training and mentoring.
Braun Intertec offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, ESOP, PTO, and paid holidays.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.
Braun Intertec strives to ensure that its careers web site is accessible to all. If you need assistance completing your online application, please email email@example.com.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Braun Intertec is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your e-mail, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.