Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for an Environmental Planner for our New York City, New York office. Be involved in projects with our Planning Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
- Contribute to environmental assessment projects
- Write technical reports and chapters for reports, summarizing research with findings and conclusions, generating complete, accurate, and concise documentation using electronic systems, field/work site notes, and software
- Assist in zoning and regulatory analysis, mapping and graphic production
- Prepare community meeting presentation materials
- Attend and participate in public outreach meetings
- Work with cross-functional teams in executing project work
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in environmental planning, environmental science, urban studies or transportation planning or a related field.
- 1 to 3 years of post education experience environmental planning
- Familiarity with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Esri ArcGIS
- Proficient interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Effective self-leadership with attention to detail, results orientation, and managing multiple priorities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, follow instruction, work independently, and comply with company policies.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Essential Professional Licensure/Certification.
- Experience preparing NEPA, SEQRA, and/or CEQR environmental impact assessments
- Ability to work with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Experience in New York City
Compensation and Benefits:
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
Expected Salary: $54,700- $98,600
WSP USA is providing the compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that the company in good faith believes it might pay and/or offer for this position based on the successful applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to internal equity and geographic location. WSP USA reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant’s sex or other status protected by local, state, or federal law.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Travel Required: 10%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: NEW YORK - PENN PLAZA
- All locations: US-NY-New York
WSP provides a flexible, agile and hybrid workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.