Pay Range: $103,047 to $128,809
The compensation range reflects the Company’s reasonable expectation at the time of posting. We consider a number of factors when making individual compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, and other business needs. This role may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program.
Acts as a shared environmental resource for the business unit, focusing on compliance and implementation of environmental programs. This is a multi-site support role working in partnership to build capability and provide guidance to improve the overall performance.
This role reports to the Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Director, dotted line reporting to the Plant Director, and will partner with other support functions within the company to implement and manage environmental programs, training, and may support sustainability efforts. This position will support and drive continuous improvement of key performance metrics through project management and facility initiatives. This role will partner with site leadership and functional management teams, including Engineering, Operational Excellence and Safety.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Experience in Phase I/II, site characterization, remediation, asbestos, and industrial hygiene
- Identify improvement opportunities and then capture, deploy, and share best practices.
- Implementation and management of on-going ammonia, waste water, and storm water programs.
- Work with facility and fleet personnel to ensure RCRA, Tier II, and EPCRA reporting.
- Conduct risk assessment by identifying and assessing potential magnitude of risk (e.g., environmental, safety, regulatory, production feasibility and quality) and creating contingency plans
- Gather & analyze data, develop goals/targets and manage scorecards, databases, and dashboards
- Develop and deploy environmental awareness and compliance training programs as appropriate to all levels of operations and management
- Ensure all state or local licensing requirements are met by working with legal concerning permit applications, compliance queries and responses EPA or other regulatory bodies
- During times of serious incident, serve as a site member of the crisis management team by directing efforts when requested, offering recommendations, interpreting regulations, and completing communication, including government regulators or agencies
- May coordinate and direct internal recycling programs
- May help to improve energy and water efficiency of facility operations
- May support environmental site clean-up projects (USTs, superfund sites, etc.)
- Other projects or duties as assigned.