This position is responsible for implementing an environmental management system to ensure compliance with local state and federal regulations at one location. Duties include: supervising the waste water operators creating and implementing environmental programs writing compliance plans tracking key performance indicators for compliance developing and submitting permit applications implementation of waste minimization programs ensuring on time reporting of all required compliance based reports and communicating any non-compliant issues. The environmental programs include: Clean Air Act; Clean Water Act; Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation and Liability Act; Resource Conservation and Recovery Act; Federal Insecticide Fungicide and Rodenticide Act Oil Pollution Act; Safe Drinking Water Act and other local state and federal environmental regulations. Other duties include: leading and influencing location management to ensure compliance maintaining relationships with local state and federal regulators and spill response oversight. Under the direction of the Area Environmental Manager serve as an influencer organizer facilitator analyst and problem-solver on environmental compliance with the goal of zero environmental exceedances.
- Education: Bachelor s degree in natural science environmental science or engineering required.
- Experience: 4 plus years of environmental experience or 2 plus years environmental experience and successful completion of Tyson Environmental Trainee program; environmental management preferred.
- Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office programs such as Word Excel and Power Point. Must also have aptitude to apply basic computer skills for the operation of compliance databases such as Tyson s environmental compliance automation tools eCAT and Incident Tracker system.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of Team Members; bilingual skills are a plus.
- Special Skills: Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to drive concurrent projects to completion; comfortable influencing all levels of the organization; strong team and collaboration skills; demonstrates ability to think creatively and drive innovation; and Project Management concepts and techniques.
- Supervisory Responsibility: This position supervises the Waste Water Operators.
- Supervisor: Area Environmental Manager
- Travel: 1-5 trips per year.
Relocation Assistance Eligible:
1ST SHIFT (Estados Unidos) - Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.